• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I want to make my own game [ need advices ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saucepan
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Everything you need to know has been told, just do it. I think you should learn now, instead of mocking around the forum.

Reaction score
Want some reality? If you want to make a game then don't ask us if you should and don't ask us for the motivation. If it's your dream to do it then just do it. No one is stopping you! Take your idea and run with if and if you don't know how to do something then use your friend google. There are tons of resources out there from websites to textbooks that detail every step of the process.

Now if you don't have an idea for a game and you just want to make any type of game then you are looking at the wrong place. What you should do is learn how to code and volunteer for some indie game modder team or even better, go to school. There are tones of universities and colleges out there with full blow game development degree programs. They will test to see how serious you are about all of this. I've taken enough graphic design, game design and programming classes to tell you that it isn't easy but if it's something you are actually passionate about then you'll do it.

Now if you want someone to give you a task then I can give you one. I need to make the game "Simon" for some research I'm doing. It needs to be scaled to run on a 5.5 inch touch screen and touch inputs need to be logged. It's very simple and should take you less then 20 hours to design and code.

NoPeace - out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back