If I learn assembler...

Socius Decennalis
Decennium
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
207
Reaction score
20
Hi. If I learn assembler language, I could edit and make my customs to .exe compiled files? For exapmle like server files or something?
 
yes, with a disassembler u can edit the source, however its a bunch of sh!t only few ppl can understand, so good luck with it.
 
Check this out.
A while ago when I was interested in RE someone suggested I learn C and x86 ASM first.
I managed to go through one C book before I realized it wasn't my thing.

As far as I see it, ASM/RE aren't difficult. Just plain boring and tedious.
You need a special mindset to become any good so to "edit and make my customs to .exe compiled files" you will need to spend several years studying the boring stuff first...
 
A good book in ASM is Art of Assembly(this book has it all from machine organization to advance assembly programming):
Art of Assembly Language Programming and HLA by Randall Hyde

Read About DOS 16 Bit Edition(the 32 bit edition speaks of HLA), but to start learning assembly you must have basic understanding of one of the high level programming languages, and always read about C and windows API(or C API's).

To find documentation about a function API , MSDN has a huge library about it.
MSDN – Explore Windows, Web, Cloud, and Windows Phone Software Development

You could try to read about AT&T Syntax too, with the Unix Sys Calls, and about GDB debugger.
 
Last edited:
Back