Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I'm amazed that such an old... Private 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed that such an old version of v62 (MapleRoyals) is doing so well on gtop100.

This brings up my question of, how many people do in fact love unconditionally old maple and would like to play perhaps an older version such as v28?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
MapleRoyals kinda boosted itself up by having the highest rates as a v62 server (10x/4x/2x i believe), then it lowered its rates. though, i think it still is the highest rates on the gtop100 for a v62. Anyway, it would be fun to play the nostalgic version of v28, but idk. I think I'd get bored of v28 quickly unless the community was large.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MapleRoyals kinda boosted itself up by having the highest rates as a v62 server (10x/4x/2x i believe), then it lowered its rates. though, i think it still is the highest rates on the gtop100 for a v62. Anyway, it would be fun to play the nostalgic version of v28, but idk. I think I'd get bored of v28 quickly unless the community was large.

It's gotta have some uniqueness which is hard with lack of what they give you to deal with in such an old version :(

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
It's gotta have some uniqueness which is hard with lack of what they give you to deal with in such an old version :(

Idk, I played for awhile. It had like NX drops and like a gachapon where you get some rare items and such. It's not like anything special special.

Reaction score
MapleRoyals is doing well, yes, I'm not sure why, as well. Their owner (Matt) is very nice person, I know him personally. I guess the community is very strong and united. There are still tons of people who enjoy playing older versions of the game for both nostalgic nor other personal reasons. They also mainten their server a lot, I know that personally. Not to mention they have special content (such as all flawlessly working Party Quests, not something commonly found in private servers).

I hope PrinceReborn, Matt of MapleRoyals can shed some more light on this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not to mention they have special content (such as all flawlessly working Party Quests, not something commonly found in private servers).

Not something found in many lower versions, granted v28 has some, but not a lot :p Now it raises the question of, which version is optimal for prime usage for party quests?

<3
Reaction score
They just managed to acquire the v62 niche after being up for so long. In reality, there is nothing special about them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They just managed to acquire the v62 niche after being up for so long. In reality, there is nothing special about them.

I like to think there is something special about us at Royals. To me, the community that has formed as a result of what we provide to our players creates a snowball effect allowing more and more people to find out about us, join the server, and play. We have been in the top 10 at GTOP100 for awhile now, but if you look over the months, we have been slowly moving up to 3rd place (doubt we'll be taking 1st or 2nd anytime soon :p).

We didn't get to where we are overnight, but it is impressive to see after only being online for one year. Thanks for those who have noticed our efforts.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has taken a lot of hard work to get where we are now. I wouldn't say that we entered a v0.62 niche as there were a few more popular v0.62 and v0.55 servers when we first started.

I'd like to think that we are providing what a MapleStory server should provide... We have kept everything quite simple with low rates which allow players to get the benefits of doing quests, party quests, and feel a sense of achievement when they level up. We are also one of the very few servers that do not have any sort of "Pay to win" system.

As Bertie Bott mentioned, we have a fantastic community which plays a huge part. We also have a hard working staff team that help players with any questions or problems they might have.

I feel that there is still so much more we can do to improve it further. One of the things we are planning is to revamp our website and have our own database similar to hidden-street but specifically tailored for MapleRoyals.

As to the opening question in this thread, I am not sure how well you would do with a v0.28 server. It would definitely be a niche but I think the extremely limited content would restrict the server from getting near the top 5 on gtop100. Possibly in the top 10 though. Whatever you do, keep the rates low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back