• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Int Delay!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been away for a long time...
I've recently started to play Kal again on Hanin since I got a bit of free time again.
I quit a while ago because I got this weird delay after I changed my computer.
At first I thought it was lag but it's not because it's consistent. About 1-2 seconds (for example, it takes that time to pick up an item after I press space or to behead a mob after I right click on it).

When I was running windows (just for Kal) on my mac mini, everything was fine. Then I upgraded to a much better mac book pro, the delay appeared. Then I upgraded to a MUCH better mac book pro, the delay is still here.
No delay on private servers or on my own server (local, running just for me).
The only difference I can think of is that on both mac book's I am running windows 7 but on the mini it was windows XP.
Could that be the reason?

I couldn't find an answer anywhere except some guy said that people with such problem should run only one core (I have a dual core CPU, mac mini had only 1 core). I tried that but it didn't work.

Any suggestions on what to do? :(:

Thanks!

P.S.: search turned out nothing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have such delays when my inventory is open, if i close it all is fine^^try out ;)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have such delays when my inventory is open, if i close it all is fine^^try out ;)

It's the same....now that I'm like level 25 it's ok I guess since I'm killing mobs that don't do much damage back but when/if I get to a higher level it'll be impossible to play.
Will test it out with and without open inventory.

Upvote 0

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Do you experience the same issue on a windows machine?

I never heard of anyone playing kal on a mac before, but I'm guessing you are using an emu such as wine to run kal?
There is a possibility that either mac or wine(or whatever emu you are using) can not handle kalonline very smoothly.

And I don't think you should compare official server to a private server, it is very likely that inixsoft has changed and updated the networking systems, a lot more in both server and client over the years.

ps, from my experience, official server was always delayed and laggy years ago when I used to play kal, I don't think you are alone with this problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you experience the same issue on a windows machine?

I never heard of anyone playing kal on a mac before, but I'm guessing you are using an emu such as wine to run kal?
There is a possibility that either mac or wine(or whatever emu you are using) can not handle kalonline very smoothly.

And I don't think you should compare official server to a private server, it is very likely that inixsoft has changed and updated the networking systems, a lot more in both server and client over the years.

ps, from my experience, official server was always delayed and laggy years ago when I used to play kal, I don't think you are alone with this problem.

On the older mac I have a windows partition so it is a windows machine basically and on the newer one i have the VMware which simulates windows and everything else works just fine, even other more needy games.
I don't have any access to a PC because everyone in the family has macs but I really doubt that is the issue since on my Mac mini, everything was fine.

I heard people solve the problem by using only one core of the processor but doesn't seem to solve it for me.

Thanks anyway guys!!

P.S.: Will try installing windows XP and see how that goes. Will let you know since I saw other people look for a solution but got none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ASN

Please STAHP!
Reaction score
There was always a delay on int server at least for me ;d How to get rid of it? move to korea xD or get a vpn with korean ip, still not sure if that would help, cuz like i said there was always a delay for me no matter what net/pc i used.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was always a delay on int server at least for me ;d How to get rid of it? move to korea xD or get a vpn with korean ip, still not sure if that would help, cuz like i said there was always a delay for me no matter what net/pc i used.

The thing it that 4 years ago it was fine. But then again...kal has changed quite a bit since then...
trying it now on XP.

Edit:

I just realized that on their website it doesn't say if the client is compatible with windows 7 and it says that it's not compatible with windows Vista x64. and My windows 7 is x64 so maybe that's the reason for lag. Who knows.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You wont get "Delays" Because your Windows, you get Delays because they "Server" is to far away and that's causing you the "Laggs".
Im Playing on Win7 aswell and tbh. im fine :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You wont get "Delays" Because your Windows, you get Delays because they "Server" is to far away and that's causing you the "Laggs".
Im Playing on Win7 aswell and tbh. im fine :)

It's not lag...
if it's consistent, it doesn't have anything to do with the connection...maybe the server being far away yeah but they've always had the servers in the same place (Korea)...i don't know really...
I'm guessing you're not much closer to them than me...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You know...the weird thing is that ok they had some cool updates in the past years but they haven't improved much on the "customer service".
I mean...they don't support windows 7? whaaaat? most mmorpgs support all windows OS and some even Mac OS X...
In my opinion, Kal is and has a lot of potential to be one of the most playable MMORPGs because it's simple, not complicated and you always know what to do and you don't get 215 quests per level as in other games of such type. But it's certainly lacking a bit of non-korean support. Maybe they earn most of their money from Koreans but still...if you make the game playable in europe/usa, support your players.

Too bad that most private servers are 1098237912079x exp with pinky armor and weird butt weapons. I think that someone should make a balanced just a little higher (like the old school PSs that were 20x-50x). But I think that childish hackers ruin Kal the most. But you know...everyone has their thing so who can blame them.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Being korean does not set any of your abilities. Anyways I never said that Inixsoft would/could change it. :p

actually it does, they are greedy, and lazy, as greedy in form of kalcash and lazy in in form not doing anything about making the game (more) playable
also these criterias apply to some other korean mmos aswell....

aand wait, why are you deffending them again?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not here
Reaction score
actually it does, they are greedy, and lazy, as greedy in form of kalcash and lazy in in form not doing anything about making the game (more) playable
also these criterias apply to some other korean mmos aswell....

aand wait, why are you deffending them again?

lol I'm not defending inix, just said being korean doesnt make you better or worse than anybody else.

plzz come back yas or no frint?

ehm, yeah whatever.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't understand why inixsoft doesn't learn from others. They would earn more kalcash that way...I would probably buy it if I had no issues playing the game and with hacking...

Upvote 0
Back