• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Intel Cpu Difference

Reaction score
Intel P4 3.2 GHz Dual Core vs Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz

i am not good in hardware yet i as in soft because i have the hardware side in the next year :)

my question is which will you prefer to work for a server or something like that as we know that we are still working in one core.

i am bit confused with their names .... what the difference between intel core 2 with intel p4 dual core?

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well for one, There is no such thing as Intel P4 Dual core. There's only Intel Pentium Dual Core.

Which is actually based on the Intel P3.

Anyway, The Core2Duo is better, the architecture is way better.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
they use different architectures, with the pentium series just aiming for processor speeds, care 2 duo is better with the L2 cache and clock spd. anyway, the new core is out, Nahalem, look for cores starting with i

Reaction score
i read this : about the first one so this is the reason that i am bit confused...

Yeh nah the pentium D's although with 2 cores are not really a good chip... I'd prefer a P4 with HT instead of a Pentium D tbfh.

Anyway, yes the Core2DDuo will perform ALOT better than the P4/PD nomatter what you are doing.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
they use different architectures, with the pentium series just aiming for processor speeds, care 2 duo is better with the L2 cache and clock spd. anyway, the new core is out, Nahalem, look for cores starting with i

It's called Core i7, they dropped the codename Nahalem.

Reaction score
Yeh nah the pentium D's although with 2 cores are not really a good chip... I'd prefer a P4 with HT instead of a Pentium D tbfh.

Anyway, yes the Core2DDuo will perform ALOT better than the P4/PD nomatter what you are doing.

i know that the core2duo is faster but i am not sure if i will use all his power for an l2 server :p

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i know that the core2duo is faster but i am not sure if i will use all his power for an l2 server :p

Depends on how many people you're going to have.

And if you're going to host a server you want as much L2 Cache as possible.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personally i find the Core 2 Duo's the better chip but i prefer the AMD Phenom Quad Core chips :]

C2D's are the better chip.
Phenom fails.
AMD has decided to only enter CPU's as "entry level" chips.

Chasing 99 Red Balloons
Reaction score
C2D's are the better chip.
Phenom fails.
AMD has decided to only enter CPU's as "entry level" chips.

dam last time i checked AMD were owning intel they still dint even have a decent Core 2 Duo out ^.^

In that case if it is for a server machine i recommend a Intel Xeon server processor Highly powerful large cache and are reliable :rolleyes:

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
dam last time i checked AMD were owning intel they still dint even have a decent Core 2 Duo out ^.^

In that case if it is for a server machine i recommend a Intel Xeon server processor Highly powerful large cache and are reliable :rolleyes:

That was awhile ago that AMD still had grips on the CPU market

Reaction score

AMD has not had a better chip than Intel since the Athlon came out many years ago. C2D has always been better than Phenoms and still are.

As far as server chips go, Opterons perform better than Xeon's do.

Reaction score
Depends on how many people you're going to have.

And if you're going to host a server you want as much L2 Cache as possible.

it depends from the files too :)

Personally i find the Core 2 Duo's the better chip but i prefer the AMD Phenom Quad Core chips :]

i have tried both chips and my vote goes to intel but we will see in the future

btw i rent the dual core i found money in the road ::)

Back