- Joined
- Apr 3, 2009
- Messages
- 14
- Reaction score
- 1
Hi, i'm trying to make new configuratioin. I've router and 2 computers. On one of computers there is CentOS and database. Unfortunately I dunno how to set up my IPs.
Dunno what options in router configuration should I check.
My router IP: 192.168.1.1
So, when I'm installing CentOS in network settings I type:
IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask: 255.255.255.0 (as checked in windows)
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
My widnows IP: 192.168.1.2
When I'm trying to ping windows it says: Host unreachable.
I want to make this server only for LAN computers. Maybe you can suggest me what is wrong and what options should I check in router configuration.
Thanks in advance.
Dunno what options in router configuration should I check.
My router IP: 192.168.1.1
So, when I'm installing CentOS in network settings I type:
IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask: 255.255.255.0 (as checked in windows)
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
My widnows IP: 192.168.1.2
When I'm trying to ping windows it says: Host unreachable.
I want to make this server only for LAN computers. Maybe you can suggest me what is wrong and what options should I check in router configuration.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited:

