Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ipod touch 4th Generation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Today as I was walking home I happen to find this Ipod touch 4th generation with a pass code on it. I've tried for like 4-5 hours just looking at tutorials on how to possibly bypass it or set it back to factory settings using recovery mode & DFU mode.

None of them worked and I was just possibly hoping someone on RaGEZONE ever had the problem and knew what to do.

When I reset it using recovery mode all I get is ''Error 3194'' and then I do DFU mode and I get error ''21'' which just keeps doing the same thing over and over, it's been a big circle and I'm not quite sure if it's jail broken cause it has a password.

It's an ipod touch 4th generation 4.2.1 I believe. I just used my 2nd generation iPod (jail broken) and it reset perfectly fine. Any possible ideas on why this 4th generation will not reset?

I don't believe it has anything to do with the pass code cause there were tutorials that had some people having pass codes on their ipods and they still reset it but then again that was on 1-3 generation iPod and not 4.

I am not very good with iPods, especially the new ones.

Very much appreciate for any suggestions / ideas & help.

Please don't respond saying ''Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc'' cause I have tried it all honestly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wow lucky... anyways

To fix error 3194:

Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Edit hosts file(the one without extension).
Add this in the end of the file.
PHP:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
Reboot your computer.
Try restoring again.

Reaction score
Be sure you're restoring to the LATEST firmware (5.0.1) Apple stops signing old firmwares after a while, and the only way you can restore older firmwares is if you have your SHSH blobs back up, if you don't you'll get the error you're getting, 3194

So, just grab a 5.0.1 firmware file for the iPod touch 4g, you can get it from the felix bruns site (google, should be the first one) put the IPT in DFU and restore by shift clickin' should work fine :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@NaMeLeS Not sure if serious........

Anyway, Yea id try to use a 5.0-5.0.1 update. Then again it may just be the ipod because i had to restore my sisters ipod because she forgot her password. my sisters was a 3g so it maybe something to do with it being a 4g.

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I put it into DFU mode and did the 5.0.1 restore with shift + click and it still don't work. I get error 1602 and tried fixing that then it still don't work.

I agree with die trying cause, my sisters ipod is a ipod 2g and it restored and updated without a problem. It must be due to the fact that it is 4g.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back