Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Is this normal?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi (=

I played world of warcraft on LAN last weekend with the following:

WOW 1.12.2 client
Mangos 3042 + SDB for 3042

and experienced some problems:

1) I played as an Orc hunter and was very excited to get to lvl
10 so that I could tame a beast. But when I got to lvl 10, I could not
tame any beasts. There were no spells available from class trainers or
on/near my action bar. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2) Sometimes when I attack beasts, humanoids etc.. they disappear, but
when I move to another (more level) place, they appear again. And
sometimes when they attack/chase me, their movement is not smooth.
Is this normal?

Plz help me??? Am I the only one experiencing this or did I screw up when I setup my server?

Remember, your playing on a server thats running hacked server files. Everything that a blizz server runs may not work as smooth. MangOS is a nice emulator, but if you would like a more up to date version, i would check out Kobold V3, on these same forums.

lol both are doing pretty well actually. (ya ya I'm a MaNGOS fan.)
...and ya noob I said MaNGOS not mangOS...It's
Massively Networked Gaming Object System...

@1ceT no, you're not doing anything wrong. Chances are the DB on that server, or the core itself is just buggy. Keep in mind this isn't official, there are tons of bugs everywhere you go. Although MaNGOS and Kobold really are the best out there.

like in official you need to do a quest for tame beast, afaik that's also supported in that db you are using, check razorhill for the huntard trainer, he should give you a quest for tame beast.

Thankz for your help guyz (-;

I know that MANGOS still has some bugs, but it really is a GREAT LAN emu and it keeps getting better. I haven't tried Kobold yet? Is it any good? I've read a bit about it on the forum, but I get mixed opinions.... And which is better: mangoscript or scriptdev?

BTW, does anyone know if it is possible to import a character from one database into another database (if it is exactly the same database version)?
The reason I'm asking is because my friends and I often play WOW on LAN, but we would like to play it solo whenever we get the chance (just so that we can improve our characters).

Last edited:
Back