• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Java or C#

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use JAVA a lot more than c#. The thing is they both have advantages over each other(like c#s networking is tons better than JAVAs in terms of simplicity) and their disadvantages(sharp is windows only, requires the .net framework if it isn't preinstallled)... Since I work on linux computers as well as pcs and macs, I need a strong, universal language, and JAVA does exactly what I want.

Reaction score
I write code in both JAVA and C#. Even though I am currently doing allot of my programming in C#, I like both languages and switch between them to make sure I am equally satisfied with both languages, and don't gain a "weak" end from working on one programming language more than the other.

But really, this is my opinion:
If you only use windows, and have no plans on using anything else, you should start learning C# HEAVILY, as it is most likely a very vital language in the future for windows users.

If you plan on using other operating systems, then you should stick with JAVA. JAVA's functions aren't as powerful as C# is, since C# is directly and only for windows platforms.

Overall, I would suggest C# to a beginner. It's both easier to learn, and the functionality and msdn document library is amazingly helpful.

Reaction score
I write code in both JAVA and C#. Even though I am currently doing allot of my programming in C#, I like both languages and switch between them to make sure I am equally satisfied with both languages, and don't gain a "weak" end from working on one programming language more than the other.

But really, this is my opinion:
If you only use windows, and have no plans on using anything else, you should start learning C# HEAVILY, as it is most likely a very vital language in the future for windows users.

If you plan on using other operating systems, then you should stick with JAVA. JAVA's functions aren't as powerful as C# is, since C# is directly and only for windows platforms.

Overall, I would suggest C# to a beginner. It's both easier to learn, and the functionality and msdn document library is amazingly helpful.

Yea butzz ur pro. I seen your emulator, fuxpro

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to be about RuneScape so why not move it to the ragezone coding section?

But I code Java more (even though I only code like once a year tbfh)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Worthy, this is about what language people code their server in.
Of course it's about runescape.

I'm learning C# and I shall use that most of the time but I am going to then learn Java so I can code for more people and I will have more knowledge of coding languages for my ICT course.

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're forgetting about MONO... it'll run your C# programs on Mac and Linux.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
java is more harder to code for me and C# has helpful things but unless someone made a java code editor then i could code java easier ...

C# for right now

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
java is more harder to code for me and C# has helpful things but unless someone made a java code editor then i could code java easier ...

C# for right now

The hell are you talking about? Java code editor? If you're looking for an IDE like Visual studio, then jsut get NetBeans, or Eclipse. They do the same with java as VS does with .net

@ bitblaster: This is true, but then it'd put it on the same level as java, it would have to be interpreted and translated into naitive function. Plus, mono doesn't have support for .net 4.0(sure it's in beta, but everyone is using it now). C# toots it's horn about how fast it is, but that's only because it can be run naitively on windows. it can't on any other platform. I mean, several articles describe how slow c# on mono is compared to Java. I mean, according to article, "Compared to C, Java runs 1.68 times slower, while c# on MONO runs 2.76 times slower on linux"

I personally like both languages strongly, however I prefer Java to c# due to the fact that it's not much of a hassle to make programs for everyone. RuneScape clients can't be done in c#...Rather no one has tried. I'm sure it can be done, but why waste all the work, when Java can do it faster compared to mono? If you're gonna be developing for non-windows users as well, then drop c# and go with c/c++

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could make one in c#.... AJ has a base called Jolt Environment... it's a .net based runescape source. It's actually becoming quite popular amoung .net users.... Use that instead of java...That is, if you actually know good programming in sharp

Back