Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Just starting to wonder...

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
None of the CMS' to this day released on here care about either security or speed. I've never seen a CMS released on here that uses proper techniques to get the most out of PHP (performance wise). Many people still write their CMS' without any proper caching of static values. Or values which should not change a lot. People do not seem to realise that querying 8 times on every page load is Ducking slow. Especially on things which can be cached locally. For example UberCMS, RevCMS and IlluminaCMS a database connection is opened on every page load and a query is made for something. During this time, PHP must open a connection to the MySQL server, MySQL must process the query and respond with the data. Which in computing is not very fast. This is done for every page load, as where if you stored the data in MySQL, then cached it in RAM then that will take a huge load off the I/O, making your script faster because with MySQL that also has an overhead; seeking the data from the HDD, which unless you have a HDD is inherently slow unless you have an SSD but even if you do access to RAM is faster. Scripts are also wrote poorly. And many developers have the idea that if they write everything in OOP everything suddenly becomes faster.

As for security there isn't much nice to say either. None of the popular and most used CMS' use prepared queries and have a piss poor attempt at PDO. People rely on deprecated functions and drivers such as mysql_real_escape_string. Which can be bypassed in certain situations. The CMS' released are certainly not on par with their server counterparts. The servers are coded much better than the CMS' in this section which is very ironic considering PHP is one of the easiest, if not the easiest programming language there is.

It comes down to the fact that no one really cares about security or speed in this community. Retros will never be legal and will never be a "stable" thing people can rely on. They're dependant on Habbo which is becoming a failing business in itself, and without habbo there would be no retros. So I guess hotel owners think "why bother, this is not my future" or something along those lines.

If you want my honesty don't sit around and hold your breath. The CMS' released here will always for the most part suck. If you want a nice CMS that is fast and secure learn: Computer security, good programming practices and PHP. It's fun, educational and free. You can make your CMS to your liking and make your hotel stand out more.

Apologies for rambling, I just thought I would share my thoughts on your subject.

That was mainly the motivation I had for making the xCMS in ASP.NET for like 4 years ago or something like that. People that want to stick to PHP can use memcached. One of the reasons why I stay away from PHP is as you say, no good option for caching static content (menu items, etc). I have seen someone write HTML snippets to the hdd and they call that cache, I'm like, get out of here

Rogu3
Reaction score
I was just wondering what would be the next (top) Habbo Retro CMS?

Of course theres loads, but what has the Speed, Security, Features and active developers the most?

IMO: UberCMS 3 is going to be out something?
I'm thinking about making one without any images from Habbo/Sulake. That way people may be able to go undetected slightly easier. They can also add images from Habbo if they choose to do so, the hardest part will be trying to make it without any images from Habbo and while still making it look good.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making one without any images from Habbo/Sulake. That way people may be able to go undetected slightly easier. They can also add images from Habbo if they choose to do so, the hardest part will be trying to make it without any images from Habbo and while still making it look good.

Hey, if need be, we could redesign the Habbo client and rebrand it as "Hobab" - no links to Habbo in it whatsoever eh ;) ;)

Reaction score
That is just like Jabbo. Only thing you need to change is the images. And boom, a legal retro.

I'm working on this for some months now. And I have to say. It looks great.

For the time been there will be no release or public beta.
*** removed ***
I might be showing of my work but I'm just point out how awesome it can be to make your own stuff just like Jabbo and what the opportunities are!

- Joopie

Last edited:
Reaction score

Xversion - Just starting to wonder... - RaGEZONE Forums

I might be showing of my work but I'm just point out how awesome it can be to make your own stuff just like Jabbo and what the opportunities are!

All i have to say is WOW!!!!!!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey, if need be, we could redesign the Habbo client and rebrand it as "Hobab" - no links to Habbo in it whatsoever eh ;) ;)

No because you're still using the copyrighted ActionScript code from the client.

That is just like Jabbo. Only thing you need to change is the images. And boom, a legal retro.

It wouldn't be called Habbo then. So therefore an entirely different MMOCC.

Reaction score
It wouldn't be called Habbo then. So therefore an entirely different MMOCC.
Well, Habbo can't copyright something that is made in a drawing software so if you were to make all furniture customs and re-design everything else (but similar to Habbo's it'll technically still be considered Habbo if it's the same 2D style.) Unlike Joopie's 3D style. :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, Habbo can't copyright something that is made in a drawing software so if you were to make all furniture customs and re-design everything else (but similar to Habbo's it'll technically still be considered Habbo if it's the same 2D style.) Unlike Joopie's 3D style. :p

Be sure that if you know how to re-design everything you're not going to make an identycal Habbo 3D (cause it's waste the time), in lots of parts you're going to have your own ideas and make it very different, that's how ilDom or UrbaLoca borned for example.

It's an awesome work Joopie, keep up the good work, you have talent for that and i think it could have future, good luck in your project ^_^

Rogu3
Reaction score
Jesus. All that conversation sparked from an idea I had about making a CMS with no Habbo Images. :p Meh.

@joopie That looks dope! Keep up the good work, and I think it will go somewhere. Not that my input matters to you, but it's still looking great. I wasn't a fan of Habbo 2 or in 3D or w.e., but I think that would be cool to have something new not started by Sulake.

Reaction score
Jesus. All that conversation sparked from an idea I had about making a CMS with no Habbo Images. :p Meh.

@joopie That looks dope! Keep up the good work, and I think it will go somewhere. Not that my input matters to you, but it's still looking great. I wasn't a fan of Habbo 2 or in 3D or w.e., but I think that would be cool to have something new not started by Sulake.

Well, the way sulake made their Habbo3D is like fancy 3d graphics.

I keep the basics of Habbo. And use voxels (3d pixels) like minecraft. And the effect when you can create epic rooms would be amezing.
With my 3d perspective you can rotate arround a room which allow the builder of the room to build for example a high tower in the middle of the room and still not blocking the rest of the room behind it. Which will at the real habbo.

The furni's are also voxel made.

This is an example (test phase):
*** removed ***

Last edited:
ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I keep the basics of Habbo. And use voxels (3d pixels) like minecraft. And the effect when you can create epic rooms would be amezing.
With my 3d perspective you can rotate arround a room which allow the builder of the room to build for example a high tower in the middle of the room and still not blocking the rest of the room behind it. Which will at the real habbo.

That's looking amazing. :thumbup:

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Reminds me of Peekarica's 3D Habbo. (Search on YouTube)! :D:

Back