Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kagami - Go MapleStory server emulator + maplelib

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been recently messing with the Go programming language and I'm really enjoying it, so I decided to code a MapleStory server emulator in go and a Go maplelib.

This project is purely for my personal entertainment. I'm having lots of fun developing it at the moment, but there is no guarantee that I will finish it.

I've been working on this since the beginning of September, but I never really thought about posting it here until I saw that there's other people exploring this language for server development in here, so I figured I'd also post it here as a resource for everyone who needs info on golang maplestory development.

Kagami (server emulator):
maplelib (encryption, wz xml parsing and other tools):

It uses GMS v62 at the moment because the packets are already documented in OdinMS and other emulators, but I will eventually port it to older versions of maplestory once it's more complete (possibly around v30-v40).

Latest features:
  • Character selection / creation / deletion and multiple worlds/channels - done ( )
  • Getting in game -
  • Loading maps from wz xml files - done
  • Basic in-game sync/handling - WIP ( )

Franc[e]sco - Kagami - Go MapleStory server emulator + maplelib - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
haha saw your thread on ccplz and thought to myself... "shouldnt this be on RZ?" and now it is :p Good luck on your dev! Is Go a new programming trend now :p ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
haha saw your thread on ccplz and thought to myself... "shouldnt this be on RZ?" and now it is :p Good luck on your dev! Is Go a new programming trend now :p ?

I've been looking for a high-level c-like programming language that still compiled to native executables for a long time and go seems to be the answer. It's more C-like than it looks and the syntax is super neat.
Also, it compiles much faster than c/c++ projects of the same size (mainly because I'm using less and less 3rd party libs) and the std library is so rich you almost never need third party libraries.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, Amazing! Keep up the good work.

Back