KhmerCMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Inroduction!
Okay first of all, I'm new to this forum. So don't expect me to know everything about development and what-not. Second of all, I'm a graphics person. All I do is GFX. I've been doing GFX for a lot of private servers and forums in the past. (CURRENTLY WORK FOR A SERVER). Third of all, I don't know any coding at all. The best coding I've done was VisualBasic programs. Fourth of all, I've been working with photoshop for about a year now, so I know most of its use.

What's this thread all about?
Well I'm interested in CMS making. Well.. actually. I'm more interested in designing them. I love Mario and Alon. Their designs gave me the craving to start designing websites. Don't expect a master piece from me. I'm only 15 btw.

CMS. (Designing stage) -Inspired by Alon and Mario-
 
Last edited:
I didn't really understand what was going on in the center of the cms but if you're going to go with a cms with many thigns going on I recommend increasing the width by like 100px, maybe more.

I doubt a mod would not move this, they are so kind.
 
I didn't really understand what was going on in the center of the cms but if you're going to go with a cms with many thigns going on I recommend increasing the width by like 100px, maybe more.

I doubt a mod would not move this, they are so kind.

The middle part is a sort of "News" section. With banners of updates or events. Just like nexon does.
 
Age is not an excuse for not being a good artist if that's what you meant with " I'm only 15 btw." Sorry no intentions in flaming lol
 
Age is not an excuse for not being a good artist if that's what you meant with " I'm only 15 btw." Sorry no intentions in flaming lol

Well that's kinda what I ment. But if you're referring that I'm at bad artist then.. T-T.
 
Interesting concept and content placement but terrible use of font and colour schemes. Basic web designing techniques applied (mostly default Photshop features, e.g. Strokes, Shadows, etc - nothing interesting or captivating). Perhaps you can expand on this by viewing more examples and thinking things through before actually designing. Potentially 'not coding' friendly. Hmm... what else can I say? You need a lot more work into this. Make better use of typography? Rather than Bitmap fonts D: (they aren't effective when used for headers, navigation, etc - especially with a huge ass font size). The logo / name on the website does not seem to stand out either, so... it doesn't seem to point out to the audience what the name of the server is. Take out the main image (or rather the 'focus' of your web design) and it's utter crap.

P.S. Yeap. Age does not matter, besides, I made better shiz than this when I was 13.
/noflaming /noshowoff
 
Last edited:
Interesting concept and content placement but terrible use of font and colour schemes. Basic web designing techniques applied (mostly default Photshop features, e.g. Strokes, Shadows, etc - nothing interesting or captivating). Perhaps you can expand on this by viewing more examples and thinking things through before actually designing. Potentially 'not coding' friendly. Hmm... what else can I say? You need a lot more work into this. Make better use of typography? Rather than Bitmap fonts D: (they aren't effective when used for headers, navigation, etc - especially with a huge ass font size). The logo / name on the website does not seem to stand out either, so... it doesn't seem to point out to the audience what the name of the server is. Take out the main image (or rather the 'focus' of your web design) and it's utter crap.

Agreed, the most terrible thing in this CMS is the logo.
The logo is too big, and it does not match the CMS concept or maybe colour.

The best width x height for logo is 468x60, and the font looks weird to me.
 
This design needs work, but you definitely have potential. Don't give up.
 
This design needs work, but you definitely have potential. Don't give up.

I was waiting for something less demeaning to be said. :thumbup:


It's a little too plain for me.. as Josh said, the design needs work. Don't use that font for the nav and whatnot, it's only meant for really small sizes. As for the color scheme, it's blue and neutral. Find a color that goes with blue (orange, yellow, green) and implement that somehow, maybe as the 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons' backgrounds. The login at the top is nice, but you made the curves really awkward somehow.. I'm not sure how you do it, but for a button like the login button you could use just a 20px brush or so at 100% hardness to get a nice curved edge. Or just create a selection, right click inside and hit "refine edge" and work with it there.

Keep workin on it and it'll get better :D
 
Change the font, find something else than blue,
but ya, you have potenational, don't give up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back