Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

KOPANEL security hole

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi,
recently i was testing kopanel security and i found a way to get dbpass on any site who has kopanel installed
(then sql connect->exec master xp cmdshell net user add....administrator->remote and ur server is mine)

i wont tell u the exploit here, turks would abuse it.

if u want me to check if ur server is vulnerable or not write me a pm.

if i ll find the fix i ll post it here

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hi,
recently i was testing kopanel security and i found a way to get dbpass on any site who has kopanel installed
(then sql connect->exec master xp cmdshell net user add....administrator->remote and ur server is mine)

i wont tell u the exploit here, turks would abuse it.

if u want me to check if ur server is vulnerable or not write me a pm.

if i ll find the fix i ll post it here

is this apache based panels or all?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all
just tested it on lostsoulzko.net -- worked

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yup :(. Thanks for helping me fix it gerydeft xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
seems like most server got it fixed tho

or atleast have it fixed now :eek:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nah jonny if u read this u can tell them the fix^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
interesting..my guess is that its an sql injection which lets you upload a php file which has the following line you just mentioned.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
interesting..my guess is that its an sql injection which lets you upload a php file which has the following line you just mentioned.
it is

well 2 more lines to be exact i think... then open the server via command on your pc
the method of this thing is pretty old (well, if it is the thing i think it is :D)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nah with the exploit i can include any file instead of register.php or debug.php etc..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok if u want to make ur kopanel secure then go index.php

and make all $_GET[act] part test($_GET[act]) if u have heteric's anti sql injection.php

my msn is gerydeft@yahoo.com

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't worry about it Asian yours is fine. Gerydeft, This only works on IIS. Apache servers have built in protection. Infact, if you setup your security properties correctly for the IIS user, it doesn't work then either. It seems most peopleusing IIS are giving the IIS full administrative permissions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Spamman, I would like to see this as well, as I have a very nice defensive system. It would be a good test to my defense system.. However I need a new power supply first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys can someone share me the files that used on lostsoulz.net ( i mean there was an older version of that i need this i don't mean give me files of lostsoulz.net ) thanks a lot

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
guys can someone share me the files that used on lostsoulz.net ( i mean there was an older version of that i need this i don't mean give me files of lostsoulz.net ) thanks a lot
LOL

On-Topic : I would suggest using Heretic's KO Panel because I heard it was the most protected from SQL Inject of the released KO Panels...

Back