L2AuthD Error

Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
351
Reaction score
267
I'm running an L2AuthD.exe server for Aion and I'm getting an error that I've have never seen before. I'm getting the same error for both 3.5 and 4.6 files that used to work perfecly before.

I suspect it's related to my OS (Windows 11) but all other servers run just fine.



1755137718486 - L2AuthD Error - RaGEZONE Forums

(Translates to "The authentication server is already running.")
But it's NOT


Any ideas?
 
Solution
It appears that to fix this problem It would be required to compile the file again. As we don't have the source code, I had to patch it's assembly to bypass the FindWindowA.

Here is the patched file if someone ever need it.

Marking the topic as solved.

1755344281935 - L2AuthD Error - RaGEZONE Forums
I'm running an L2AuthD.exe server for Aion and I'm getting an error that I've have never seen before. I'm getting the same error for both 3.5 and 4.6 files that used to work perfecly before.

I suspect it's related to my OS (Windows 11) but all other servers run just fine.




(Translates to "The authentication server is already running.")
But it's NOT


Any ideas?
Restart the computer (on which the server is running) and try to start it again.
 
Upvote 0
Mr House, I appreciate your effort but that's not the case. All basic troubleshooting procedures have been done. There is no other socket open on any port used by this server on my machine.
I just don't know how extensive your knowledge is, so I started with the simplest.

Assuming that your server configuration is correct (standard ports are used), then use the netstat -o (use this in cmd) command, it will show you the PID of the process that occupies the port. Then just find this process and do whatever you want with it.

By default, the server uses 2 ports: 2104 and 2110
 
Upvote 0
I'm running an L2AuthD.exe server for Aion and I'm getting an error that I've have never seen before. I'm getting the same error for both 3.5 and 4.6 files that used to work perfecly before.

I suspect it's related to my OS (Windows 11) but all other servers run just fine.



View attachment 287120
(Translates to "The authentication server is already running.")
But it's NOT


Any ideas?
could be wrong, but i think i saw this error when i was launching l2authd with a link. try to launch directly from .exe. I dont know why it was happening its just my experience.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys but It wasn't it.

Unfortunatelly this issue is, as I suspected, related to Windows 11. After trying everything I had to use my limited IDA and manually debug it.

After some time, I was able to find the problem.

The answer is that the functions from C++ Windows.h FindWindow & FindWindowEx are broken on Windows 11. More about it can be found in this article .

Apparently Microsoft has released a fix for with but for some reason it isn't working for me. I'm still not sure how I will approach fixing this problem.

1755289839004 - L2AuthD Error - RaGEZONE Forums



1755289930853 - L2AuthD Error - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Upvote 0
It appears that to fix this problem It would be required to compile the file again. As we don't have the source code, I had to patch it's assembly to bypass the FindWindowA.

Here is the patched file if someone ever need it.

Marking the topic as solved.

1755344281935 - L2AuthD Error - RaGEZONE Forums
 

Attachments

Upvote 0
Solution
Back