Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Laggy on LAN?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have 1.25 server and 1.25 client. Server running XP with 1gb RAM and dual core athlon x2 3800 (inside vmware and out...same result)

Client is Windows Vista athlon x2 as well with 2gb of RAM...
but playing locally on my lan is very laggy. Any tips?

what is your isp? because for t4c it doesnt maktter what pc you have as long as its pentium 4 and up and athlon

I'm playing locally Goku - that is T4C running on 1 pc and server running on another. To be sure, I set T4C to run on my local machine and it is still somewhat laggy... I don't know what is up. I'm using the 1.25server iwth the 1.25 client (fantasy 2.0... because I couldnt find an original 1.25 client)

Not even going out to the internet on it...

I'd be interested to know what sort of changes are in 1.5+, however, there was a lot of stuff in the "T4C Stuff" download and im still going through it...I don't read French so some of it isn't too helpful...no idea how to get 1.5+ server running.

k well you are still using the internet since your are logging on locally your are sucking your own bandwidth dry and thats bad.... thats why you lag

Turns out it was the fact that T4C was running on 2 cores. Set it to a single processor and the lag goes away.

For what it is worth Goku, thanks. Although, there is no bandwidth involved(nor internet connection) when connecting locally (127.0.0.1)

actually t4c uses both even with 127.0.0.1 because t4c can't run without an internet connection... try it... u wont beable to log on... when u log on from a different computer it still uses bandwidth even though its 127.0.0.1, but it only uses bandwidth if your logged on from a different pc in the house

Back