Launcher Auto-Patching

Experienced Elementalist
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
2
ok everyone post anything u know about launcher patching and howto make it work. no answers like hex edit/ just give clear answers so all topics about this around the web stop.
ive tryed many things local ftp, domain ftp, port changing,dns stuff and more:/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
if i remember right its from Version.ini
at LoginServer folder..
and at Version tabel in ur db
check it out
 
i already tryed those things, didnt posted it above tho ^^
whatever i enter it always says cant connect.
if i try with ftp;//xxxxx:21
or or etc
all doesnt work:s
 
I know this might sound stupid, but are you running a seperate ftp server?
or are you expecting one of the KO servers to send the patches to the launcher?

I've haven't tried to do this yet myself, but I would imagine that there is no ftp server built in to the KO servers.
 
theres no ftp server build-in if im right.
i tryed with ftp of my webhost and localhost ftp using FileZilla FTP Server.
same as apache but then for an ftp server.

ive setted my acc user to: anonymous and pass=nothing.
still doesnt work, i tryed to hex edit launcher searched and found it 1 result only. removing anonymous of the exe via hex and saving it didnt work either.

solutions?
 
Ceelen we've met :P

Anyway i was experimenting with this this morning on my own server. I managed to get everything up and running except for one thing : When i ran the laucher i got an FTPOpenFile error. I didn't know how to fix it so i just rollbacked all transactions and stopped trying. If anyone can tell me how to fix openfile error i can tell you how to ;O
 
Back