Learning C#, where should i start?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hello guys,

I would like to start learning C# to code Habbo Emulators or modify them.
By looking at sources i dont get too improved, so where should i start first? Would an E-book be good or.. ?
 
Learn the Fundamentals if you're already familiar with Coding/Programming, if not, start by starting at the basic, like VB
 
Actually a very resourceful way of learning C# would be to look through a emulator, commands, chat functions, etc.. and what you do not understand go to Google and question what that command means and does. And it would help a lot to get a note pad and write some stuff down. That's what we did in college and now I am highly certified in many coding languages.
 
Project Euler

Try and complete some of those, and you will need to look up what functions to use, how to use them etc etc, it's just nice to have something to work towards solving, it's like a goal to hit, helps me work better.

I really just suggest it so you learn the basics, like file streams for writing the answer to a text doc, just learn functions etc =p
 
Last edited:
You can always read C# book of wrox better way to learn and if you want to you can read MSDN Documentation and tutorials.
 
Project Euler

Try and complete some of those, and you will need to look up what functions to use, how to use them etc etc, it's just nice to have something to work towards solving, it's like a goal to hit, helps me work better.

I really just suggest it so you learn the basics, like file streams for writing the answer to a text doc, just learn functions etc =p
Do you know of any sites like this for PHP?
 
Thanks all for the answers, i will try multiple things that all of you have suggested and check what fits best to me, i have currently started reading an E-book for pretty much the basics wich then is starting to get more to the "advanced" coding stages.

After this book i will probably look up the following too as someone has suggested me to read the following book especially for when creating Habbo Emulators:

Network Programming C# (Richard Blum)

Would that book come into handy to read or is it just "worthless" to read that one?

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions!
 
I have never used a book to learn a programming language. But, people learn in different ways. I suggest just using google.com for your questions, after checking Microsoft's documentation first of course.
A book could possibly be somewhat helpful as both a head start and/or a reference, but that's about it.
The only language I suggest using a book to learn is C++, which is not what you are trying to learn.
 
I have never used a book to learn a programming language. But, people learn in different ways. I suggest just using google.com for your questions, after checking Microsoft's documentation first of course.
A book could possibly be somewhat helpful as both a head start and/or a reference, but that's about it.
The only language I suggest using a book to learn is C++, which is not what you are trying to learn.

The good thing about books vs the web, is the books are more likely to teach good programming practices and structure.

Tutorials and such on the web, if you're looking to make a calculator, they're going to teach you how to make a calculator- and not necessarily a good one.

A book on the other hand, might not show you how to make any specific thing step-by-step, but instead teach you how to program in a general sense. Plus, it could show you how to take advantage of certain features a given language has to offer, which is more than just a head-start.

Not to say any hard-cover book is better than any e-book, or web-site for that matter- it's just more likely to be.

Books are, 9 times out of 10, good investments.
 
  • Like
Reactions: x42
Fred2 I recommend to read a book that gives you all the basics of c# first then you can go read richards blums book and also a tip is try to follow tutorials online after reading these books as sometimes you may find things not explaned in the book , As I am still learning c# , I love the book of wrox c# 4.0 and if your not really in the mood to read you could go to video2brain.com and you'll find c# video tutorial

-Resource
 
Back