Localhostr.dll and Localhosting think tank

I don't use GameLauncher, I'm running MapleStory.exe with GameLaunching as parameter.


Look at this, the marked entry:
MangEmu - Localhostr.dll and Localhosting think tank - RaGEZONE Forums


It's probably a bug in the client where it wants to load the dll from its execution path (but why no other dll, only that one?!). What if the client really uses a COPY of ws2_32 to check if it's connected to the right place? Maybe also one of those DLLs with that strange names in system32 and HShield\\ are copies of other libraries?
Lol Spiele.
Hendi, about 'yes' and 'no' wouldn't it work if we just add them, so it will continue but it does nothing...
 
If Nexon copies the ws2_32.dll to ms directory you wont be able to hook on connect function at all... it might just be one of ms' .dll returning the ip details.
I have tried hooking on every API available on ws2_32.dll and the IP check is still kicking me off.
 
So I found out those strange libraries that it creates in system32 are indeed copies of ws2_32.dll - but it doesn't try to get any address. Either they are just another trick and it's using some method in their own libraries or... it injects them into itself and searches for the method addresses manually or... it uses some HackShield method to call a protected GetProcAddress or... idk :P
 
@diamondo25 - Are you saying I should search up the old google?
@Hendi48 - When I wake up tomorrow I'll hook LoadLibrary to point to the 'hooked' ws2_32.dll.
 
Last edited:
MangEmu, what you could do is printing the values of the ws2_32.dll functions in the client, after the function is used. A different thing you can do is putting a modified ws2_32.dll which does that for you...

Nexon has check if ws2_32.dll exist on the MapleStory folder itself, if true it'd throw an exception with some random korean characters.
It isn't relevant to modify the one on System32, it'd screw up the pc.
 
Last edited:
I'm talking about loading it and hooking the functions, then passing the handle back.

I save the module handle of the real ws2_32.dll and if it wants to load those copies, I just return the real handle. Like that I only have to hook in one dll.

So far I've hooked inet_addr and getpeername, but they still aren't called when the client shuts down, although it now also redirects the copies :(
 
MapleKFC said that he hooked the some timing APIs and said they where called and seemed to reset. I want to know what he hooked, it seems like our best bet.
 
I save the module handle of the real ws2_32.dll and if it wants to load those copies, I just return the real handle. Like that I only have to hook in one dll.

So far I've hooked inet_addr and getpeername, but they still aren't called when the client shuts down, although it now also redirects the copies :(

Doesn't olly have a whatcalledthis on if you put a breakpoint on a function? Why not put a breakpoint on the exit function see what calls it and go back from there? But, you'd need to disable hackshield to attach olly I think.
 
when I press the login button game freezes and then disconnects from server, any ideas on that?
 
Last edited:
Back