Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Long Time...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.

there's some things i wanna know. please help me with these...

1.- i'm gonna test the mangos server, can you tell me the min reqs of it ? i have an AMD Athlon 1700+ 512 RAM.

i make this question because i read that mangos it's heavier than Wowemu and that's the last emu i tried.

2.- when i'm trying to run the mangos server, do i need to leave programs like mysql open so the server can work ? or it's just for creating the dbs ?

3.- are there any older mangos version for wow (not tbc) ? cause i don't have tbc.

i don't wanna double thread so i'm gonna post another doubt:

ppl said that wowemu was baaad but i grabbed mara's repack (thanks mara!) and i did some changes (creatures, spawns, NPCs, etc...) and it was playable at least, there were little bugs that didn't matter to me, but enough of history, all i wanna know is: is the mangos emulator getting the same problem or it's on the road to perfection ?

sorry for my bad english, if you don't know what i'm trying to say, please post. I'm VERY VERY interested in knowing this.

thanks. W3nd_

EDIT.
i NEVER saw the paladin's auras solved. is that problem solved in the mangos emulator ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is anyone working on a new BC sql yet?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's on the road to perfection ?

well IMHO its closer to perfection than any othe W*W emu.
If u wanna test MaNGOS on 512mb ram then its ok but forget about setting WAN server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.

there's some things i wanna know. please help me with these...

1.- i'm gonna test the mangos server, can you tell me the min reqs of it ? i have an AMD Athlon 1700+ 512 RAM.

i make this question because i read that mangos it's heavier than Wowemu and that's the last emu i tried.

2.- when i'm trying to run the mangos server, do i need to leave programs like mysql open so the server can work ? or it's just for creating the dbs ?

3.- are there any older mangos version for wow (not tbc) ? cause i don't have tbc.

i don't wanna double thread so i'm gonna post another doubt:

ppl said that wowemu was baaad but i grabbed mara's repack (thanks mara!) and i did some changes (creatures, spawns, NPCs, etc...) and it was playable at least, there were little bugs that didn't matter to me, but enough of history, all i wanna know is: is the mangos emulator getting the same problem or it's on the road to perfection ?

sorry for my bad english, if you don't know what i'm trying to say, please post. I'm VERY VERY interested in knowing this.

thanks. W3nd_

EDIT.
i NEVER saw the paladin's auras solved. is that problem solved in the mangos emulator ?

Awnsers:

to question 2: Yes, you must have mysql open all the time, coz the db is in there if you have it close, the mangos will be not able to read any db

to question 3: are a lot of mangos versions, you just must look around

to question ( is the mangos emulator getting the same problem or it's on the road to perfection ?)
Mangos is a lot fixed in comparison, in the pack im using mobs fight eachother, most of talents work, pets work....
and yes, paladin's auras work
you really should try it :biggrin2:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for all your information, i think i'm gonna give it a try, what version do you recommend ? for wow, not bc because i haven't purchased (or downloaded) yet.

i looked around and i think that 2.0.7 it's the latest patch, but that patch it's for normal wow or bc ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You DO need MySQL running the whole time... Stop trying to confuse people, MAXTRAX. :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i was looking around and i found a standalone server of mangos, that means that all i need is that repack hm? because I GUESS that all the other programs (like navicat and mysql) have to be inside the repack, that's why it's called "stand alone"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't have to have the SQLyog program running the whole time, but yes the MySQL server must be running.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@ W3nd_: Standalones come with diskw, which has built in MySQL and Apache, which means you don't have to have MySQL or Apache installed. Also, diskw usually comes with PHPMyAdmin, which is a web-based MySQL database manager, so no need for Navicat/SQLyog either. I would, however, suggest that you still use Navicat/SQLyog.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry for my ignorance Yamachi, but ive never used MySQL and/or Navicat, so what's the difference between using the program itself and using the built-in in th estandalone version ?

thanks for your answer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You mean the difference between PHPMyAdmin and Navicat? Well, PHPMyAdmin is best for those that don't want to install any extra third-party programs, but Navicat, IMO, is easier/faster/better to use than PHPMyAdmin.

Back