Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Mangos Character Proble

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just updated my server to latest rev and everything was going fine. I backed up chars, ran batches, fixed config files. Ran sever and everything went fine. I lodded in, but when I went to load a character it wouldn't load. I mean, I get a loading screen but it never gets into the game. I start to do some investigating, and it turns out I can't make characters anymore. I get into the character creation screen and I make a character and everything seems to be ok, but when I go to load the character, IT ISN'T THERE!!!! What's wrong!?!?!?

Was messing around with mangos and found out that after I update, everything works fine. But then when I load the backups that I made, everything that i backed up ceases to work! If anyone could tell me of a backup program that actually works, that would be extremely helpfull.

ANY HELP?!?!

Don't want to make my characters again. All I need is a character back-up programs that works!

MDH has a lot of problems with newer revs, (I gather that is what you are using) so you'd be best off just importing the characters by hand. (ie. dump all tables related to characters, then import them into your new DB)

What I was suing was a program (Apart from MDH) that took my chars and turned them in sqls so I could later execute them in navicat. But doesn't work. I'll try using a newer MDH to see if it helps.

try sqlyog its 2minut work
do this
First off:

1: right click on realmd and backup as sql "call it realmbak or something"
2: right click on mangos db and select backup, now..

the right window is all the tables thats being exported, so move them all to the left as you don't backup all tables;)

Tables to add to export list:
Auctionhouse
all Character tables
Corpse
All guild tables
Item_instance
Mail
All raid tables

Export and save as realmbak or whatever you want:P

Now, when new sdb/core comes along.
Del realmd/mangos db, and make new ones, import your new sdb, and any sql updates from rev release. "3005.sql Might have to edit out item_instance lines as causes issues when importing"

Once ur ready, just right click on realmd, and import ur backup and do the same with mangos db.

Back