[Mangos/MySQL] Connection to DB

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, now normally I have no problem with setting up and running servers...heaven knows I've done it enough times even have my own guide...
BUT...Keep getting the error:

2007-01-23 12:25:36 Database: 127.0.0.1;3307;root;root;realmd
2007-01-23 12:25:37 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)

2007-01-23 12:25:37 ERROR:Cannot connect to database

Now...I've gone through the common issues already. Made sure the username and password were correct. 127.0.0.1 is where the MySQL db is and I'm using the old root;root for the un/pw. Litterally triple checked the ports. Ran MySQL 3 different ways. One of which was shutting it down via resources menu and using a start.bat from another pack. Reconfigured my, MySQL instance to make sure it restarted and had the pw right...nothin'. Getting irritated. Any ideas would be really helpfull.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Getting the same thing brother a course it gets everyones attention when you use follow language, but then when you type half a page up or more no one responds then you make another post and now one respons even though they said they are glad to help. My mangos.exe will not connect right I have no clue I think I configured it right.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i know i have hardly any posts, but i had this problem before, but i think that u might not have the mysql instance running press CTL+ALT+DEL and go to the processes tab and see if you can find "mysqld-nt.exe" under the first column (image names.)
if u cant find it, then ur gonna have to find out why it isnt running. make sure the service is started
another thing to try is that i have always had it be 3306 for the port.
anyway try those and if they work, then im glad i could help!

-fatty

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Norm ya I know. But I figured I'd mention what I did so I didn't get 100 posts saying did you do this, did you do that, which didn't help...But ya long story short;
MySQL is running but mangos.exe and realmd.exe won't connect.

@game Checked and checked...Even restarted MySQL a few times.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really hate bumping my own post but been at this a couple days now. Realmd.exe and Mangos.exe still give me the can't connect to mysql error. Tried every common, and a couple other things...at a dead end.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What sdb/core are you using?
Also, have a look in your host file, and make sure there are no lines in there that would conflict with the localhost ip.

Also, are you running it on the same machine you intead to play it on?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here.

I was complete n00b few days ago when i started making my own WoW server.

Got the instuction from

It took me almost 3 days (all day work) to complete the guide (i had problem with MySQL, extracting maps etc.)

And when i completed all that i got the same problem as thread starter: Mangos and realmd cant connect to MySQL base.

I've noticed this is a good forum so i hope ill get the answer here (I've googled this like 2 hours and found this problem mentioned only here)

Tnx in advance.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If the core does not work with your current sdb, then that would cause problems.

I use to have this exact problem, but I matched up my core with what the sdb could take, and problem was solved..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know what core is.

I got mangos 2383 from

I also got SQLyog 5.22 trial and MySQL 5.0.

And im running the game on 1.10.2 version.

I'm willing to reinstall everything again if someone has 100% working server building FAQ.

And I'm building server to play on my home comp but im plannin to have 3-4 players in close future.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for a guide...I made a complete guide for people.
My problem ended up being a character in my .conf files that took me forever to realize was there. I downloaded it from a third party whos files said;
127.0.0.1;3307:root;root;realmd
I, on a whim, changed it to 3306, then looking verbatim at the file noticed the friggen : after the port instead of a semi-colon.

Back