Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Map .dat format

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hi,

I come here to see if anyone have an idea of the format of .dat file for map, I try to create an editor for these file but without the format I can't do this one.

So I hope anyone to give me a tips about this.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
To me this file looks like it has the main informations about a map stored....
It looks encoded to me, because I don´t see any sensefull stuff in it...
If you try to unpack it with atum zipper or res-x editor you also get 3 files.

1 with the map name and 2 other which I can´t identify.
All the .dat files also have the same size...

I think if we don´t get a decrypt key or a format of these files we wont be able to do anything here...

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've hexedit some .dat I've see some structure but I don't I've found only some pad name, some warp name, I've do more search this afternoon on warp structure there is always 4 bytes with the warp id before the warp name but offset between this id and the name change between file, so I try to understand the format but it's hard ^^

I haven't try to open these file with zipper I will take a look in this way too.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
little help, if someone know And can give me a little tips, for find how parse these file.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've do a little program for try to read a value at an offset in different type ( double, float, int), it's hard to understand how this file is structured but thank for for the tips this can be help future other poeple who try to read these file too.

Upvote 0
You got reported! :o
Reaction score
this can be help future other poeple who try to read these file too.

hehe, i dont think so.... the "other" will ask same poop over and over again ;-)

*edit*
cause they dont use search button

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know but some people use search button, majority isn't all people, I hope some guy's search and try to use use their brain.

but this is not the main thread and this no other thread on this subject so let other people speak about this (let this thread go down without any answers XD).

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hex editor + Floating Point Conversion tool. In hex editor it is easy to figure out the length of each row because you can visualize the structure. When you know the length of each table, how many rows it contains and how long each row is, you can make a program which will try to reach EACH row, and play with offsets INSIDE the row. So you will find out the columns. Anyway I explained it as much as I could. After all, I found the format by myself, so you should also be able to find it by yourselves.

Upvote 0
Back