Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] [C#] MapleGlobal v0.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
re: [MapleStory] [UPDATED] Live your childhood all over again!

Okay, each member of your team has attempted to make a server and failed miserably.
You think cpp is easier to learn then java...
The funniest part was Novak knew anything about networking when he wanted to replace mina with rmi.
Brilliant team, I can see a promising future for this server.

But other than the hundred flaws I see in this, good luck. I will be watching to see how this turns out.

PS: You should commit some identity theft with the information you're asking for. You'll probably profit more doing this than the server will in ten years.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

Thanks for commenting.
Please send me in a private message your real name (full, please), email and skype for communication.
Beta keys will be given once we launch the closed beta, which will be v0.40b at first and then 0.01, we have a very creative solution for v0.01 ;)
why the duck do u need their name and more than one way of communicating nobody reads mails anyways
Okay, each member of your team has attempted to make a server and failed miserably.
The funniest part was Novak knew anything about networking when he wanted to replace mina with rmi.

But other than the hundred flaws I see in this, good luck. I will be watching to see how this turns out.

PS: You should commit some identity theft with the information you're asking for. You'll probably profit more doing this than the server will in ten years.
omg i cant stop laughing

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

I disagree with all the negativity, but I also don't see why that much info would be needed. I don't think I'm the only one who dislikes giving out personal information. As an alternative, why not make a forum for the testers to post bugs in?

Reaction score

It will be my pleasure to prove you wrong.
why the duck do u need their name and more than one way of communicating nobody reads mails anyways

omg i cant stop laughing
Password/ID restoration will be done through email services to both verify the identity of the one who runs the function and to make sure it's delivered securely.
Other functionalities may require it as well.

I disagree with all the negativity, but I also don't see why that much info would be needed. I don't think I'm the only one who dislikes giving out personal information. As an alternative, why not make a forum for the testers to post bugs in?

I was asking for full name but it is not required, you could instead provide a nickname or any other name that would help us to identify you.
Anyway, this was asked because most of the closed beta testers are chosen from various facebook pages that we use as a platform to distribute beta keys, and most facebook accounts uses their real names, so I figured asking (not demanding) for full name to better associate the key with the account it was originally given to, will not cause any trouble.
After all we will respect the privacy of anyone who wishes to not share his/her name.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm interested in Beta Testing, like everyone else.
I already have your skype, my skype is yamadabot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I would like to join the beta testing as well! PM me if you still need testers, I will reply with my skype on it.

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Oeh! You must be referring to acernis? That was indeed my biggest server fail so far xD But it seems you don't know about any of the other servers I've had over the years. ;) Yeah Acernis it was like this "LOL look i just learned what a packet is", "K, Lets make serv with sors i plucked from ragezone", "k cool i fixed 2 skills best server evurr, finally a v14X that's decent!" Then i hastly put it online, and realised just how bad of a manager I am LOL. Better stick to improving my coding for now.. Hopefully i'll one day make a source that isn't doomed the same fate as the acernis sources. (aka barely updated astral repacks)

Ohgod xD People still on about that?
That was literally the biggest writing/ logic mistake I've ever made on ragezone.. Thing is I DID know the differences between mina and rmi. Not every bit, since i couldn't actually use either, but i knew at least that they didn't do the same. (Had been researching it for a couple hours)

I remember being tired, writing the message, and waking up the next day to multiple messages of i think eric and dynamik saying "uhmmmm.. dude.. Just so that you know... Mina != rmi.." And my replying like: "Ohgod ofc LOL damn that was bad.. ", "yeah people are laughing at you a lot right now", "well f it. I'm not going to edit it or make up for it with another post, it'll blow over. Everyone makes mistakes. We're all human".

Guess what.. Didn't blow over it seems... Anyway, just a general notice hoping some people can put an old reply to rest now ;)

I agree we're not a dream team, but we know some things, and at least are willing to still try and learn new things :D. I'm using this project more to learn then to gain some coin or w/e. Unlike some people, i'm not doing mapledev for money. (bit of e-fame won't hurt do hehe ;) .) I need the learning experience. I didn't start learning java till last february. It's the first coding language i've ever looked into. I also didn't start learning packets till then. I'm a busy uni student, I don't have much time to learn, but i think going from nothing to where i am now in this amount of time isn't half bad ;)

As for my role in this project: I was simply asked because atm from everyone one in the staff I seem to be the only one with decent IDA knowledge, able to get packets and opcodes easily using it. So imma learn some new skills from these dudes whilst i just simply give em packets. Win-win!!

Okay this has become quite a wall of text by now, but i'd like to put up one last notice:

Why are so many people that are replying here so immature? Especially fraysa asking for beta keys, I know it's a joke, but it wasn't you wouldn't get one asking for it like a 12 year old on xbox live. xD Don't take that personally either, I still respect you, you obviously have more knowledge about coding (in multiple language) and packets than me. That's not even a competition, if we were to hold some kinda code-of, you'd wreck me. Same goes for Five and all the others going about weirdly on this thread. I respect all of you for what you can do.

Final matter:
It looks as if y'all got something against this project, or is it against some of the people that are involved in it? Whatever the case, i can only ask for you to be mature, and not take pointless personal beef out to a forum like this. Hate some guys guts? Break contact, or take him on directly.. Don't be a childish whuss about it. (note that i can only ask, since you might still continue, i don't hold power over you lol. maybe mods and mental do over here, but def. not me, i'm quite literally nobody and you know it xD)

Okay the last part was maybe a bit of rant sory for that, I shall stop ranting now. Any immature reply to this, won't get a reply lol xD. Also i got a sig, if you wanna talk about anything, even just throw an insult at me, remember what it says whilst you type me a PM ;) (like legit, send me a new insult every minute and i couldn't care less. Try to stay creative tho!)

EDIT: @mod idk if this post generally diverges to much from the topic of the thread, nor if this is considered valuable input, if needed you may obviously remove it. I'm trying not to break any rz rules whenever i post, but in this post i can't really tell anymore.

Also sorry for my english, i'm not always capable of using proper grammar and spelling.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Previous experience with MySQL and preferably procedural language of MySQL;

Use MariaDB it saves a lot of memory from being used that MySQL would use. (Same makers of MySQL, but MariaDB functions way better)

Since you're doing all these low versions that I've already done, feel free to ask for anything from packets, handlers, opcodes and what not. I have them sitting in a folder collecting dust. if I can be bothered, it would save you time, but also giving everything away would end up making your whole development a waste. I guess if stuff is too hard for your devs, you could ask, but every version is easy. If you want some client hacks like unlimited flash jump, multi client etc let me know SnopBoy

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

I'm interested in Beta Testing, like everyone else.
I already have your skype, my skype is yamadabot.
but why do u include everyone?? there are sane people out here (im probably not one of them)

hi u look nice
you are wasting your time trying to learn maple and you will end up forgetting it all
might want to learn general protocols on the road

Last edited by a moderator:
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score

but why do u include everyone?? there are sane people out here (im probably not one of them)

hi u look nice
you are wasting your time trying to learn maple and you will end up forgetting it all
might want to learn general protocols on the road

Only using it as a platform to try out new thing I learnt on ;) I bet that in a year or two, my investement in maple specifically will be gone. I haven't actually played the game for over a year or two. Just like to code in it. Thanks for the heads up though :p

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

Only using it as a platform to try out new thing I learnt on ;) I bet that in a year or two, my investement in maple specifically will be gone. I haven't actually played the game for over a year or two. Just like to code in it. Thanks for the heads up though :p

i used to keep up with it and i still forgot most of it after about 4 months

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Novak, I was talking about acernis. I actually logged into the game, found some exploit or bug, contacted you and you showed up. I don't remember the context but I asked about your development and your responses were of an arrogant stick who thought he knew everything. It was some of the most entertaining moments of my maple career.

However, not just you on that list has made a fail server. For a mere beta version or < v30 server, you could honestly code everything in less than a week. Why the need for so many developers who I really believe are incompetent is beyond my understanding. Everyone starts somewhere, I wasn't good at what I do over night, but some of the things noted about this team just made me laugh considering who is on it. I still hope this project succeeds for you guys though and I would help you with things here and there if you ever had questions.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

This thread is going way off-topic so this will be the first warning before infractions will be given out.

Keep in mind that this is a team recruitment thread not a development thread.
Please only reply if you're intrested in joining or helping the team.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I would like to join the beta testing as well! PM me if you still need testers,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I would like join testing too, i was playing old v40 server, that you did guys released. It was projectbeta i think ?

Email: citronierr@gmail.com

Last edited:
Reaction score

I would like to join the beta testing as well! PM me if you still need testers,
Thank you for showing interest, your request is noted.
I would like join testing too, i was playing old v40 server, that you did guys released. It was projectbeta i think ?
Hey, thanks for showing interest.
We are not related to Project Beta, at least not officially. We do have a former staff member of Project Beta helping us with community-related stuff but we are not related to Project Beta itself.

We are currently working on an update that requires some work to be done. I'll post updates in this thread once we are done working on the updates, and the closed beta launch date will be announced then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So, did my request got noted ? Or maybe it's too late ? I'm abit confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back