Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible]

Master Summoner
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
512
Reaction score
163
MapleTale Template Cleaned
Better then last time and now in HTML5​
Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums


Yes you may know me from my last release( the bad one) well i just finished my test and yes ofcourse i graduated and i tought of finishing the template and here it is

What happend to template:

  1. Coded in Html5
  2. Went from Bad Css To Good ones
  3. I Used Float This Time
  4. No Errors
  5. Cross Browser Compatible
  6. Uses html5shiv

​



Top Image is now included i managed to slice it the right way

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Guys btw i forgot to make border-radius compatible with ie7 didn't see it will try to make it compatible later but for now i am gonna sleep its 5am here have school in 2 hours

Style Fixed:
Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums



Light Version is here


Light version is here bitches LOl

Preview:
Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums


Download:

Yeah i forgot the demos(darkversion) :
demo(lightversion) : ​
 
Last edited:
It would be better if it was in PHP ;P

Anyways, I'll be coding this into PHP.

Once you have the basic css/html files, "coding" it into php is basically changing the file endings to .php and moving some code around.

OT: I don't think you really did the design justice, everything looks much more "blocky" than it should
 
Last edited:
It would be better if it was in PHP ;P

Anyways, I'll be coding this into PHP.

I Know but i won't go php i am not pro in that and also i may have missed something so if you see anything tell me

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Screenshot of the fix

Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Last edited:
how does it fail tell more

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

and its not my design its error404 one
 
The login boxes still do not work correctly.
Suggestions:
- Get rid of the dots for server stats:
"Experience: ....................... x404"
- Use different colors for the icons on the nav bar, they're impossible to see
- All your text is a little too high or too low
(Server Date: 07 April / Server Time: 08:48am, Toggle Header, Nexon Bankrupt!, We got hacked by Kaihoe[VL], MentaL joined Nexon Staff!)
- Center all your headers (news items, login, Server Stats / Info)
 
The login boxes still do not work correctly.
Suggestions:
- Get rid of the dots for server stats:
"Experience: ....................... x404"
- Use different colors for the icons on the nav bar, they're impossible to see
- All your text is a little too high or too low
(Server Date: 07 April / Server Time: 08:48am, Toggle Header, Nexon Bankrupt!, We got hacked by Kaihoe[VL], MentaL joined Nexon Staff!)
- Center all your headers (news items, login, Server Stats / Info)
Well i coded this as it was in the design but i will look what i can change and how doesn't the login box work correctly

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Anybody has a problem tell me and i added progressbar i used grey the orange ones don't fit for the theme

here is the link :
updated at the first post

and preview:
Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums


Fixes:
1. used the right width and height for the box headers( so no more padding to fill them)
2. Putted the text at the right position.
3. removed the dot if you have any suggestion what to add tell me

what to come: light version Lol

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Light version is here bitches LOl

Preview:
Ma Ma - Mapletale [ Cleaner version | HTML5 | Clean css | Crossbrowser Compatible] - RaGEZONE Forums


Download:
 
i personally like the light version too

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Yeah i forgot the demos(darkversion) :
demo(lightversion) :
 
I browse this section now and then to get some design ideas for websites, since we can't all be inspirational geniuses, and I just came across this. I like the design but then I noticed the info you've written down.

My question to you is, can you elaborate on "Cross-Browser Compatible" ? As far as I know, IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser, and there are currently no CSS or XSS Fixes for HTML5 Strips of Code on .. IE: Chrome or FF3.x+

I would only assume you added in HTML4 / CSS Fixes and Javascript for identifying other browsers. I haven't downloaded your source, and I've answered why in my first paragraph. So go easy trolls.
 
My question to you is, can you elaborate on "Cross-Browser Compatible" ? As far as I know, IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser, and there are currently no CSS or XSS Fixes for HTML5 Strips of Code on .. IE: Chrome or FF3.x+

?


Bunch of google features also html5,

Explain to me how IE9 is the only html5 compatible browser......
 
My question to you is, can you elaborate on "Cross-Browser Compatible" ? As far as I know, IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser, and there are currently no CSS or XSS Fixes for HTML5 Strips of Code on .. IE: Chrome or FF3.x+

Are you high? Since when was IE9 the only HTML5 compatible browser? In fact, if you turn your attention to "The HTML5 Test" - - you can see that IE9 is actually one of the worst browser in terms of support for HTML5. Indeed, as the person above me pointed out, other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari have incorporated elements of the HTML5 specification into their browser already. Google themselves made a "Doodle" based around HTML5 just a few days ago and if that's the case, certainly their own browser should have the fundamental support for HTML5.

If you're basing this over the fact Microsoft "claims" to have scored 100% compatibility, then I can tell you now, that's all a bunch of bullshit - bear in mind that they did setup the tests themselves for the purpose of validating their code (much like personal unit-tests), it's not carried out by a 3rd Party.

...and there are currently no CSS or XSS Fixes for HTML5 Strips of Code on .. IE: Chrome or FF3.x+

XSS = Cross-Site Scripting.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here... but if you are referring to the new elements HTML5 have introduced which may not be supported by some browsers, then that is easily 'worked around' through the use of JS. Indeed, the OP did mention in his post: "Uses html5shiv" - so-call HTML5 activator if you aren't familiar with it already. Although, that point should be combined with point #5.

I would only assume you added in HTML4 / CSS Fixes and Javascript for identifying other browsers. I haven't downloaded your source, and I've answered why in my first paragraph. So go easy trolls.

Once again, you aren't making much sense here.

@OP, lol... HTML5 website my ass. You seem to have limited yourself to a few of the many possibilities HTML5 have made available. Secondly, you should be using:
Code:
<meta charset="utf-8">

Not...
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

You also do not need to specify the type for stylesheets or JavaScripts, which you did here:

Code:
<link href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/themes/base/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

Or perhaps that was a blatant copy and paste from jQuery UI website.
Speaking about jQuery UI, for what you are currently using it for, it's best to just take it out completely and cut down on unnecessary load time.
 
Last edited:
?


Bunch of google features also html5,

Explain to me how IE9 is the only html5 compatible browser......

Are you high? Since when was IE9 the only HTML5 compatible browser? In fact, if you turn your attention to "The HTML5 Test" - - you can see that IE9 is actually one of the worst browser in terms of support for HTML5. Indeed, as the person above me pointed out, other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari have incorporated elements of the HTML5 specification into their browser already. Google themselves made a "Doodle" based around HTML5 just a few days ago and if that's the case, certainly their own browser should have the fundamental support for HTML5.

If you're basing this over the fact Microsoft "claims" to have scored 100% compatibility, then I can tell you now, that's all a bunch of bullshit - bear in mind that they did setup the tests themselves for the purpose of validating their code (much like personal unit-tests), it's not carried out by a 3rd Party.



XSS = Cross-Site Scripting.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here... but if you are referring to the new elements HTML5 have introduced which may not be supported by some browsers, then that is easily 'worked around' through the use of JS. Indeed, the OP did mention in his post: "Uses html5shiv" - so-call HTML5 activator if you aren't familiar with it already. Although, that point should be combined with point #5.



Once again, you aren't making much sense here.

@OP, lol... HTML5 website my ass. You seem to have limited yourself to a few of the many possibilities HTML5 have made available. Secondly, you should be using:
Code:
<meta charset="utf-8">
Not...
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
You also do not need to specify the type for stylesheets or JavaScripts, which you did here:

Code:
<link href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/themes/base/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
Or perhaps that was a blatant copy and paste from jQuery UI website.
Speaking about jQuery UI, for what you are currently using it for, it's best to just take it out completely and cut down on unnecessary load time.

Come on really ? .. Are we all 5 or what ? Should I really be justifying myself to illiterates ?

My question to you is, can you elaborate on "Cross-Browser Compatible" ? As far as I know, IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser, and there are currently no CSS or XSS Fixes for HTML5 Strips of Code on .. IE: Chrome or FF3.x+

Don't act as if you all know everything, I didn't read up enough on HTML5 to have it interest me to investigate further, hence my limited knowledge of which browser supports it. I didn't say IE9 was the only one.

PS. Intrixate, I can only presume you're that pre-pube moron, Blue. Ahaha..
 
Come on really ? .. Are we all 5 or what ? Should I really be justifying myself to illiterates ?



Don't act as if you all know everything, I didn't read up enough on HTML5 to have it interest me to investigate further, hence my limited knowledge of which browser supports it. I didn't say IE9 was the only one.

PS. Intrixate, I can only presume you're that pre-pube moron, Blue. Ahaha..

Why are you taking it so personally? What they both said is true and I'll have you know that Intrixate is actually one of the best web developers around. Anyhow, I don't see why you're taking things so personally - there's no need for name calling or childish insults.

Also, if you didn't read up on HTML5 or even the guy's source code, why would you start talking about it? Doesn't seem logical to me when it clearly states in the title that it is HTML5.

On topic: Where's the credit to Error 404 for the design?
 
Come on really ? .. Are we all 5 or what ? Should I really be justifying myself to illiterates ?

Don't act as if you all know everything, I didn't read up enough on HTML5 to have it interest me to investigate further, hence my limited knowledge of which browser supports it. I didn't say IE9 was the only one.

PS. Intrixate, I can only presume you're that pre-pube moron, Blue. Ahaha..

You need to calm the **** down. Seriously. Do you really need to resort to calling others illiterates? It's just making you look like the moron here that's unable to post anything meaningful and instead, attacks on other users.

You really do not need to read up on HTML5 to recognise that IE9 is NOT the only browser to support HTML5 at this point. Indeed, there has been numerous web-based apps and games (including Angry Birds) already developed for HTML5 that's compatible on numerous browsers. It's all over the news.

It also disgusts me how you decided to talk about HTML5 and "web development" stuff in your earlier post only to now admit not having read up on HTML5. So you are basically talking out your ass, am I right?
You clearly did not do any prior research. You clearly did not even bother to view this release's source code - if you have read the thread completely, you would have noticed that there's a live demo and you could easily just "View Source" it. Yet, you came to this thread to talk trash.

Perhaps you should strip that "Web Development" title off your Twitter now huh?
Let's also not forget your signature: "NexusGD - Web Design & Development At It's Best."

Stating "As far as I know" does not make any significant difference and it does not change the fact that you did indeed state that "IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser." You did state it. However, the only difference it does make is that it grants you the rights to defend yourself for your incorrect statement based on negligible knowledge of HTML5 or rather, incompetence. Essentially, you know nothing.
If perhaps you gone for a different route and stated, "I think IE9 is the only HTML5-compatible browser at the moment, but I'm not sure. There's probably more," then that would've been excusable.

I'm sorry. I'm not this "Blue" of yours and I'm certainly not a, "pre-pube moron." I'm new to this community (well, it's been 2 months or so) and it's nice to know older members here are very accepting of new ones. Don't let that arrogance get to you Sparks.

EDIT: I apologise in advance for the tone of my response.
 
Last edited:
Why are you taking it so personally? What they both said is true and I'll have you know that Intrixate is actually one of the best web developers around. Anyhow, I don't see why you're taking things so personally - there's no need for name calling or childish insults.

Also, if you didn't read up on HTML5 or even the guy's source code, why would you start talking about it? Doesn't seem logical to me when it clearly states in the title that it is HTML5.

On topic: Where's the credit to Error 404 for the design?

Fair enough, however that doesn't give anyone the right to insult someone's intelligence and/or knowledge of an area of which that someone has not stated whether or not he/she has researched the area.

I believe that my question was to the thread starter, not towards anyone else. If I don't know something, I'll learn and I'd rather hear it from someone who already has done it IE. TS, then ask "just a some body", fair?

I also believe that my question was very valid. And the response back was quite unnecessary.

You need to calm the **** down. Seriously. Do you really need to resort to calling others illiterates? It's just making you look like the moron here that's unable to post anything meaningful and instead, attacks on other users.

You really do not need to read up on HTML5 to recognise that IE9 is NOT the only browser to support HTML5 at this point. Indeed, there has been numerous web-based apps and games (including Angry Birds) already developed for HTML5 that's compatible on numerous browsers. It's all over the news.

It also disgusts me how you decided to talk about HTML5 and "web development" stuff in your earlier post only to now admit not having read up on HTML5. So you are basically talking out your ass, am I right?
You clearly did not do any prior research. You clearly did not even bother to view this release's source code - if you have read the thread completely, you would have noticed that there's a live demo and you could easily just "View Source" it. Yet, you came to this thread to talk trash.

Perhaps you should strip that "Web Development" title off your Twitter now huh?
Let's also not forget your signature: "NexusGD - Web Design & Development At It's Best."

Stating "As far as I know" does not make any significant difference and it does not change the fact that you did indeed state that "IE9 is the only HTML5 Compatible browser." You did state it. However, the only difference it does make is that it grants you the rights to defend yourself for your incorrect statement based on negligible knowledge of HTML5 or rather, incompetence. Essentially, you know nothing.
If perhaps you gone for a different route and stated, "I think IE9 is the only HTML5-compatible browser at the moment, but I'm not sure. There's probably more," then that would've been excusable.

I'm sorry. I'm not this "Blue" of yours and I'm certainly not a, "pre-pube moron." I'm new to this community (well, it's been 2 months or so) and it's nice to know older members here are very accepting of new ones. Don't let that arrogance get to you Sparks.

EDIT: I apologise in advance for the tone of my response.

I'm not going to bother quoting you for your ignorance, because that would be arrogant of me to do. However your response makes no apparent sense. I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm talking about something that me, and perhaps the thread starter understand better or rather more clearly then IE. someone like you.

You're saying I came in here talking trash? .. I believe that my question to the TS was quite valid, and with that was not directed toward you, or anyone else. Perhaps you should stop talking out of your ass and do something productive with your time.

I'm not going to strip anything out of my signature. You have absolutely no clue who I am or what I can do (in terms of development of course *not a threat*) so maybe you should keep your mouth shut about things you have no intel about. That doesn't go to say that I haven't asked and continue to ask for help in certain fields where I may not be excelling as fast as I'd like too.

Programming any language is a field that requires constant attention and thought. You are constantly learning every day, whether you think so or not, whether that's from your teacher, or on your own, or from someone who has already done it. IE. Take for example C# 3. You can learn anything and everything you thought, but C# (or rather .NET 4.0) Came out and now what?

Pft. Come on now. Don't be talking to me about "acceptance" in this community. As far as I'm concerned I was never a part of this community nor am I. But at the same time, perhaps you should review your actions and learn your place if you want to talk "rank". You shouldn't come in here and insult someone's intelligence, especially when you're new.

That in itself is making you look like an idiot.. You're talking about acceptance, but you can't accept someone knowing less then you do. That's just arrogant. In any case, this conversation between us is over, and my question to the TS still stands. I'd like for him/her to answer it.
 
i Didn't read everything but html5 is currently available in all browsers even ie6 you only need to divine the elements in your css to block and use htmlshiv if you don't know what i am talking about go read more about html5.

Ik this template could have been cleaner as i got to improve my skills i may take sometime to improve the code but for now it good to use , if you want to use it and not sure if it is stable you can recode it
 
Back