Merge Tool v2

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
137
Reaction score
105
This tool will create merged files based of the encryption from merge2.exe.
It also creates every needed folder in your client.

Picture from tool:
Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums


How to use it ?
Copy Merge List Create.exe/.txt into your resource folder and run the tool.
It'll do the rest.

Download:
VT Result:
 
Last edited:
It's only packed with MPRESS.
I'll reupload a non-packed version later.

#Edit: Uploaded unpacked version



Looks like avira is still flaming..
 
Last edited:
This tool is my second version of it. If you mean the first one, yes.

The old one has some bugs and creates more files then it needs.
In this one i changed a few things in the source code so it'll work better and only create needed files and nothing twice.
 
Good job on this. When I made my custom .res format, I made a similar program to this. The program I made converts my entire client from loose files and old .res files, to all be in my new custom .res format. It's my custom format, so it's private use only. Only difference is that mine actually groups files based on what it found in the file name. Also, if I add new/modified files to the right folder and the client was already converted to new format, running the program again will put it into the proper .res file (new or overwriting the old).

For example, I've got files with names like mvr_chr.res, part_o3d.res, item_o3d.res, etc. Keeps it organized better and you don't have to guess what's in each one.
Along with my custom format, also made a custom merge for myself that is the same as the old (even reads resource.txt), but uses my new format.
 
Good job on this. When I made my custom .res format, I made a similar program to this. The program I made converts my entire client from loose files and old .res files, to all be in my new custom .res format. It's my custom format, so it's private use only. Only difference is that mine actually groups files based on what it found in the file name. Also, if I add new/modified files to the right folder and the client was already converted to new format, running the program again will put it into the proper .res file (new or overwriting the old).

For example, I've got files with names like mvr_chr.res, part_o3d.res, item_o3d.res, etc. Keeps it organized better and you don't have to guess what's in each one.
Along with my custom format, also made a custom merge for myself that is the same as the old (even reads resource.txt), but uses my new format.

Do you advertise your program ?
Because I could not find anything about the topic exept for "Good job on this.".
 
Do you advertise your program ?
Because I could not find anything about the topic exept for "Good job on this.".

I wasn't intentionally advertising, more like giving you ideas you could use for your next version or something (if you're still working on it).

Like adding some organization for the files or making it easily add new files to existing .res files. Stuff like that.
 
Sedrika to can give me some tips?







Sedrika help me pls ^^

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Sedrika - Merge Tool v2 - RaGEZONE Forums



be able to help me quickly thanks


Sorry anything!

____________________
Sorry my bad english
 
I noticed this tool when finished crashes itself rather then exit properly.
Tried it on a few different things to.

Nice tool nonetheless.
 
Guirhermel, make sure the texture dir is on the right place and updated. It seems a lot of the dds files are missing, or being not read.

I put all files every right folder, so you have some files that are. Res I extract them?




Do you have skype or msn? if you send a PM pls!


________________________
sorry my bad english
 
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\
Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\merge2.exe' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Merge_List_Creator.CMain.Main()

- Im logged in as administrator user
- Use VS 2003 SP 1

some explanation of the error that occurred may help :?:
 
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\
Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\merge2.exe' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Merge_List_Creator.CMain.Main()

- Im logged in as administrator user
- Use VS 2003 SP 1

some explanation of the error that occurred may help :?:
 
Back