Mob Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

just wondering if anyone else is finding that they have a problem with the damage not updating, and i dunno if it has been fixed yet cos ragezones website is stupidly slow but anyhooo i got mine to update by changing
void PlayersPacket::damagePlayer(Player* player, vector <Player*> players, int dmg, int mob){
Packet packet = Packet();
packet.addHeader(0x89);
packet.addInt(player->getPlayerid());
// packet.addByte(-200);
packet.addInt(dmg);
packet.addInt(mob);
packet.addShort(1);
packet.addByte(0);
packet.addInt(dmg);
packet.sendTo(player, players, 1);
}
the // is the line i changed and i presume it wasnt updating because it was only updating the -1 and that from 1 is 0 so it only updated when i changed map when a brand new packet would be loaded but anyhoo i just doulbled the amount that i placed in the line
packet.addByte(1);

and it started updating when i was been hit dunno if this is any use seems some ppl wasnt having the problem but anyhoo just thought i would post it to see if it helped anyopne if not then sorry for wasting ya time and at least im trying lol:P
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

What do you mean by your damage wasn't updating? Like..you weren't getting damaged when you got hit?
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

no the damage was there but the health wasnt disappearing until i changed map spent half an hour fighting pinus and and didnt use one hp pot
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

Ohh, I see. I didn't have that problem, but that's good for people who do. I wonder if this works completely for rev 8. Has anyone with rev8 tried it?
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

NotSmart, if you were to walk into a map, say DTs, no one else would see the monsters attacking you except for yourself. I don't think it's a matter of who summoned it, really, because if you leave the map and go back in, the monster will not attack you anymore.
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

uhh. im a n00b coder... but possibly change packet.sendTo(player, players, 0); to packet.sendTo(player, players, 1); ? cuz in spawn mob... it's packet.sendTo(player, players, 1); and everyone sees that. and there's drop... and it's packet.sendTo(player, players, 1);. soo yahh. just a guess.
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

I think i found out the reason why it's not hitting more than 1 player.

Before we weren't able to kill more than 1 mob at once with skills, then we editted some codes to make it work. But that might be the reason why the mobs can't attack more than 1 monster.

Changing it back might work or might not work. Maybe the person who created that code can make this work?

I believe it was like:
Change i*22 to
Code:
i*(22+4*(hits-1)

I really want mob skills to work..
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

pft. nvm. someone already posted my idea, i guess i didn't refresh the page before I post. lawl


but it didn't work
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

Here's an idea. It could _COULD_ have something to do with how when you have three or more charcters in the screen, one of those charcters can't see another charcter, for every charcter.. Err, example.. >_>


There are people called Joe, Bob and Alex.
Joe can see when Bob attacks and can see Bob and Alex move, but can't see Alex attack.
Bob can see when Alex attack and can see Joe and Alex move, but can't see Joe attack.
Alex can see when Joe attacks and can see Bob and Joe move, but can't see Bob attack.

That's what happens on my server anyways and I can't test with more people, purely cause I don't have enough friends :< *has an emo moment*

But yeah, _maybe_ the two are linked somehow?

p.s. I havn't tested this thing in the last day or so, but that's sort of what happens.
ALSO

I dunno if my thing was correct, but sometimes I could see my friends attack, but not move.

Bah, I dunno >_>;
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

I'm trying it with a clean rev8 version of mobspacket.cpp.

BUT everybody on my server is offline so I can't test it.
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

iheartnaps, just re-enter the map after it starts attacking. When I re-enetered the map it wouldn't attack me even though I was the only one on.
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

New Hint (rev007):

The mob can't target more than 1 player, that's why only 1 player can see the skills and get hurt. Once the player who is targeted leave the map, the monster automatically target the next player. If there isn't any other player, the monster stop finding a target.


The code released is right. There is no need for more fixes. However, the fix is located where the mob is... like void Mobs::damageMobSkill for players, now we need to find where it is for mobs.

Oh and i have no idea where it is....
 
Re: [Release] Mob Skills

New Hint (rev007):

The mob can't target more than 1 player, that's why only 1 player can see the skills and get hurt. Once the player who is targeted leave the map, the monster automatically target the next player. If there isn't any other player, the monster stop finding a target.


The code released is right. There is no need for more fixes. However, the fix is located where the mob is... like void Mobs::damageMobSkill for players, now we need to find where it is for mobs.
so your saying that the code is right but we have to find a way to make the mobs target every player
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back