Models with .TGA textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
74
Reaction score
30


So I have recently started obtaining models from WoW and when I export them into Flyff the .tga textures have a black outline which I do now know how to remove if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
 
@shadowdragon if you want to ill give you the models for you to test them out if you have a test server if not i shall just set up a test server

@heinrich thanka for the info ill try that later

@wataru and why do I care that you have itak source ? That isnt really relative to thia help topic


#Update @Heinrich I don't know where to begin with what you told me to do >_< is it possible for you to be more specific please ?
 
ugh.. open the .tga in photoshop, if you dont know how to use the alpha ****, erase the black background manually (Make the background transparent).. save the picture as .png~

Convert it to .dds, or keep it as .png.. Make the o3d read the texture file.. and there you go.. It is not harder then that.
 
could I convert flyff .dds textures to tga if I wanted and still have it run correctly

yeah same, but I guess wow uses another kind of tga structures.. well, does not matter what the extension of the texture is really.. flyff can read any file (jpeg, tga, dds, png, bmp are the only ones I've tried so far)

I would say that the easiest to use is png with transparent background, if you can not add alpha **** on it xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back