Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Debate

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
About me
My name is Riley Howes, I'm 15 years old (most of you will stop reading at this point), I live in the southeastern U.S. and I'm going to be 100% honest with this application. That's all for this bit because I'm not that interesting.

Why I'm applying
I've been going through and participating in several threads in the section recently and have found quite a few spam posts (i.e. "I disagree" or "This" with no supporting evidence, others are just off topic). I cannot blame the moderator for not spotting these because they were most likely not reported or brought to their attention. The only moderator of this section is also the moderator of the 2nd largest section, Habbo Hotel, so he is probably preoccupied with that, but I can assure you I will devote 100% of my free time to promoting the debate section and cleaning up/looking over it's contents. Please note that some of them were weeks old so I have not reported them.

Why I chose this section
I chose the debate section because, in addition to the above statements, I love to argue on behalf of my opinions and will go to great lengths to prove my point. Further, I always do my research before posting to avoid looking stupid and hurting my keyboard prestige; which I believe will also help me moderate, but more on that later. I'm very interested in politics, current events and consider myself knowledgeable on an array on topics. I may be strongly opinionated, but I always keep an open mind.

Why I want to be a mod
As stated above, I'm going to be completely honest with this application so I'll go ahead and skip the usual crap along the lines of "I love to help people!". While that may be true to an extent, this is the internet and a smiley emoticon isn't solely enough drive for me to pursue this position. The biggest reason is because RaGEZONE is my favorite forum of this type and it'd be an honor to moderate it. Along with that goes the fact that I hate mostly every other imitation forum for various reasons, and will go to great lengths and do anything within my relatively small range of power to improve this forum any way I can, henceforth making rivals obsolete in comparison. Which is always a plus.

What does it take?
Obviously, it takes a certain type of person with a certain set of skills and traits to be a successful moderator. One of, if not the most, important traits is integrity; meaning always doing the right thing even when no one is around to see. A good moderator should be honest, by always telling the truth and both sides of it. They have to be relatively thick skinned by not letting all of the negative messages I'd imagine they receive get to them. Finally, one must be fair when conflicts arise, considering both peoples' actions, compiling all of the evidence and going from there. It goes without saying I am all of these things.

Why I would chose me:
I'm not going to tell you how to do your job and say this is why you should chose me, however, I will tell you why I would chose me. I am strong minded and things don't get to me easily. You could say I've built a quite a shell over my many years of dealing with flamers and trolls online. Which brings me to my next point: I can easily differentiate between flame and criticism, which will undoubtedly be an asset to me. I'm relatively confident in my ability to defuse tense situations and stop things before they get out of hand, this includes taking preventative actions. This in particular will be especially tricky in the section I'm applying for, and will take a real keen eye (unintended Pokemon reference) to do so. I have a good understanding of forum rules, and always report posts which conflict them. I do not spam for likes or rep points because, not only is that a breach of forum rules, but I honestly do not care if people like or dislike me, I'm here to participate in the community, if I make some e-friends along the way that's a plus but not it is certainly not my main priority. I maintain a level of professionalism and stay calm at all times. I have good work ethics, meaning I will never slack-off on my duties. I may not receive a huge number of vouches but I know I will do the job correctly. In addition, I've been running on around 3 hours of sleep lately so I can be online nearly 24/7.

Infraction/warnings: 0

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Riley, I know you hated my thread, not going to do the same here. You seem like a decent and honest guy, a few posts within the debate section, but no threads created in-side of the section. I don't think the section needs anymore moderators as James seems to be handling the section sufficiently. Plus, you seem to prefer Habbo Hotel to the debate section. I wouldn't say 'no way, not a good guy for the job', because I think you'd do the job well. But then I would say 'vouch, 100%!' as you haven't posted alot and then the points I stated above.

Good luck though.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Detailed application. Genuine and nice guy but I think you need a certain amount of posts before your application can count. Not sure though but It's a vouch from me.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Decent and well structured application, you've certainly got a vouch from me. Good luck.

Detailed application. Genuine and nice guy but I think you need a certain amount of posts before your application can count. Not sure though but It's a vouch from me.

Your wrong, post count's do not determine if an application counts. Someone applied last week with 79 posts, and they were accepted for Moderator. (Because they genuinely help within the section they applied for.) :p:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Riley, I know you hated my thread, not going to do the same here. You seem like a decent and honest guy, a few posts within the debate section, but no threads created in-side of the section. I don't think the section needs anymore moderators as James seems to be handling the section sufficiently. Plus, you seem to prefer Habbo Hotel to the debate section. I wouldn't say 'no way, not a good guy for the job', because I think you'd do the job well. But then I would say 'vouch, 100%!' as you haven't posted alot and then the points I stated above.

Good luck though.

I wasn't "hating", I supplied my opinion and quite a few users agreed with me. If you looked through some of the threads in the section you would could see I actively participate in many debates. Thanks though.

Decent and well structured application, you've certainly got a vouch from me. Good luck.

Your wrong, post count's do not determine if an application counts. Someone applied last week with 79 posts, and they were accepted for Moderator. (Because they genuinely help within the section they applied for.) :p:

I'm not sure if this guideline is actually enforced but I have seen a thread stating it required 100. Thanks to both of you!

Edit: More information added to original post.

Last edited:
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen you post really in Debate, plus James is an excellent moderator whom I regard highly and trust fully and is capable of doing the job himself. You seem decent though so I'll keep you in mind should Debate need a mod in the future!

Reaction score
Personally, I don't believe James is that busy with Habbo Hotel at all. It looks like you haven't come to the realization that there's what? 3 moderators and 3 supervisors in that section including James. He does a perfectly good job in Debates section and from previously moderating there before, it's not time consuming at all and doesn't need much work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally, I don't believe James is that busy with Habbo Hotel at all. It looks like you haven't come to the realization that there's what? 3 moderators and 3 supervisors in that section including James. He does a perfectly good job in Debates section and from previously moderating there before, it's not time consuming at all and doesn't need much work.

I was certainly not suggesting he is incapable. That was my last intention. Infact, I went out of my way to make it clear that is not what I was getting at. I was merely suggesting he could use some help. And there are two supervisors, not three.

I haven't seen you post really in Debate, plus James is an excellent moderator whom I regard highly and trust fully and is capable of doing the job himself. You seem decent though so I'll keep you in mind should Debate need a mod in the future!

Whenever I see a debate that interests me (considering it's not months, if not years old) I do pitch in my two cents. I may not have a ton of posts but the substance is all there, especially in the newer ones which I actively participate in. Thanks though.

If needed I can certainly provide links to some posts which have slipped through the cracks moderation wise.

Reaction score
I like your app, but you don't seem very active in debate

I have the section covered atm, I'm not busy with habbo.

I'm not offended or anything, don't worry man =D

I reckon like nick said this could be kept open in-case a replacement is needed in the future, cos' it is a good application.

Reaction score
I was certainly not suggesting he is incapable. That was my last intention. Infact, I went out of my way to make it clear that is not what I was getting at. I was merely suggesting he could use some help. And there are two supervisors, not three.

Whenever I see a debate that interests me (considering it's not months, if not years old) I do pitch in my two cents. I may not have a ton of posts but the substance is all there, especially in the newer ones which I actively participate in. Thanks though.

If needed I can certainly provide links to some posts which have slipped through the cracks moderation wise.
Oh very sorry sir, I made one mistake thanks for your opinion, it was such a huge mistake..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh very sorry sir, I made one mistake thanks for your opinion, it was such a huge mistake..

Oh very sorry sir, I made one correction to your post. Thanks for your opinion, it was such a huge insult..
Fun to be melodramatic.

I like your app, but you don't seem very active in debate

I have the section covered atm, I'm not busy with habbo.

I'm not offended or anything, don't worry man =D

I reckon like nick said this could be kept open in-case a replacement is needed in the future, cos' it is a good application.

Thanks for posting! I'll still be around and willing to fill the position if a replacement or help is needed. But I do think I am more active than people are giving me credit for.

Back