Moderator Application - Maplestory Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
237
Reaction score
118
Name:
Travis​

Age:
16 ( In 6 days. )​

Brief reminiscence:

I partake in many different sports including Water Polo and Soccer, mainly participating in ones that interest me and are a little less "mainstream". I once played a sport called Kronum, and it was actually the best sport I have ever played. Mainly, though, I diverge into the wonders of coding. I started around 2 or 3 years ago under the alias XxSnipeDownOo, and since then would like to believe I have enhanced my abilities and skill. Since then I strive to make this hobby into my career as I enter the world scene. One can always hope, right? Furthermore, I speak English fluently and I can understand and speak Spanish fairly well, though I am not native so it's not perfect.

Overall, I'd say I'm a pretty friendly person if you get to know me, and I am willing to befriend anyone.
​

What brought me to RaGEZONE:
Probably the same with most people that join the MapleStory section; to get help. I joined under the user XxSnipeDownoO to ask about some problems I had creating my MapleStory Private Server.​

Why I stayed:
The opposite reason of why I joined. I stay to further help people that are in need of starting up their server, or just need help with their scripts. I feel this is the best forum pertaining to MMORPG developments, as the community was friendly at least when I joined in the MapleStory section, though the separation between "pro" and "bad" seems to grow larger everyday..​

What have I contributed:
I have contributed most of my time here in the MapleStory Help Section. If you just read through the recent threads, you'll see my name in most of them since I try to help everyone that I can. Other that helping people, I have released a few things. On my other account ( XxSnipeDownoO ) my most notable release was a NPC Scripting Tutorial which I hope helped at least a few people.

On this account, I have released some things that I felt better enhanced current features in most sources. Though, on this account I usually just help people which most notably was the stickied NPC Help Thread which was started by my friend Sharky and later he transferred it to me.​


Why I am applying:

I am applying because the number of moderators in the MapleStory section is diminishing ( there are currently 3 ), and I hardly see them active anymore. They may just not be posting there, but still. Also I am applying because I feel I can further help not only the community, but also the mods by helping get some useful stickies going again ( like my NPC Help Thread. Another one was started, but no one ever sees it because it's always buried. There needs to be a stickied one in my opinion since there are lots of npc help threads ). Finally, I am on RageZone literally everyday so time is not a question.​

E-mail/msn:

Thanks for reading. Have fun RaGEZONING.
 
During the time I've been here, you have helped so many users, including myself.

You'd be a great Moderator, to the Maplestory section.

You have my vote! Good Luck.

Agreed, Veda has helped so many people on the forums. I believe he is the right person for the MapleStory Section of the forums. He deserves a shot at it.

Good luck!
 
IIRC you had a huge pissy fit when kaoii and them had a field day in the help section. Going so far as to remove your tutorials and that because you were fed up with the section. Now you suddenly have had a change of heart and can't stand to see it go? Ehh, good luck.
 
What's your timezone?
Veda said:
I am applying because the number of moderators in the MapleStory section is diminishing ( there are currently 3 ), and I hardly see them active anymore. They may just not be posting there, but still. Also I am applying because I feel I can further help not only the community, but also the mods by helping get some useful stickies going again ( like my NPC Help Thread. Another one was started, but no one ever sees it because it's always buried. There needs to be a stickied one in my opinion since there are lots of npc help threads ). Finally, I am on RageZone literally everyday so time is not a question.
Guess I have my opinion on the Maplestory staff...different timezones can probably affect how you perceive of us. I'm currently in GMT +11 and I have COMPLETLY different timezone than the other 2 moderators, when I sleep, they go to work and when they sleep, I come back from school. So if you don't us doing anything in your current timezone, that's probably why.
Also moderators don't need to post to fufil their moderator role. Most of us do the 'behind the scenes' work > moving threads, deleting posts (which sometimes you have no idea when), infracting and etc.

As for your 'npc sticky thread', it was discussed before and in conclusion, that spoonfeeding members throughout the Maple community wasn't the ideal thing to do, hence why it stopped and more tutorials were released. There's nothing wrong to bring back this system, simply contact a moderator and ask them to sticky a thread through a PM or VM. You can't expect a thread to be stickied without going through a proper procedure.

This thread lies in the hands of higher ups but just giving my insight and another addition to the team is fine to me. We need someone to replace Raptor and Mintee :(: so good luck
 
@Piggy
Yes.
@Dell
Not really, the section is one of the most active mmo & dev sections and I think it needs more mods, especially since two recently left and osiris may quit soon.

Edit: my last post in this thread, I shared my thoughts already.

Better mods > more mods. You can have 5-6 decent mods or 2-3 excellent mods. Latter would be more preferred.
 
Does anyone ever look at the section sticky threads anymore?
Please do not just post "good luck"/etc, instead if you actually feel this person would be a good/bad candidate then please make a post with actual relevant reasons other than "nice app"/"He's a nice guy"/"I can vouch".
I.e. If you can't come up with a few lines then don't post.
These threads are for people applying to be mods...
They are not so that you can go off-topic on whatever you want to discuss about the section they are applying for.

If you have a complaint about a mod (etc) then look at the forum rules, it tells you exactly what to do.
If you have suggestions on how to improve a section then there is a suggestion forum.
If you are just bitching for the sake of bitching then just keep it to yourself.

Regardless, moderator applications threads are NOT the place to discuss them.

Crash
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back