Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Moderator Application) - Maplestory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personal Information
  • Language: French and English, both fluently

When / How did I join RageZone?
I have been on RageZone since 2007 (I actually lurked a bit before joining) and this is where I got started in programming, and even learned proper english. If you check out my thread history, you will notice how I climbed from the leecher status to become a very decent programmer. RageZone has been a home to me ever since.

My Maplestory development experience:
MapleStory was the very first online RPG I played back in about 2006 and I played that game a lot. The very structure of my programming knowledge was built upon MapleStory server development and as such, I have achieved the ultimate status as a maplestory RageZoner. I have had many MapleStory servers of my own which have all ended with perilous fate, but they have been learning experiences and fuelled my desire to find out what went wrong and how to turn their failures into positives!

How do I want to improve the section?
I will offer my invaluable help by first banning the dumb faggots that plague the MapleStory section. They are a human disgrace and tarnish the forum experience of the more worthy members and partakers. It would be an honor to give such a endowment to the community and put this plan into action. It is my honest wish, please do not be afraid of changes.

Furthermore, I would like to suggest the proper forum section model. It is clear now that the current model is very lacking and does not adhere to the needs of the community. It promotes the usage of one single language and push the rest under the rug. Not only is that bad in itself but the language it promotes is very outdated in comparison to other excellent, emerging languages such as Groovy.

How active are you / can you be for the Section you are applying for?
I am often on my computer since I spend a lot of time programming every day. As any programmer with a second monitor will tell you, it is very hard to not lose focus and get lost into the vast sea that is the internet, and as such, I will dedicate one of my browser tab slot to RageZone at any given time so that I may moderate the pits more efficiently!

Final note
After fine workmanship and hard studies, I have came to give back to the community by contributing as a MapleStory moderator. Please accept this token of my will!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know I would be all for your application due to the fact that you know a lot about Maple and really help out except that you added this into your application;

How do I want to improve the section?
I will offer my invaluable help by first banning the dumb faggots that plague the MapleStory section. They are a human disgrace and tarnish the forum experience of the more worthy members and partakers. It would be an honor to give such a endowment to the community and put this plan into action. It is my honest wish, please do not be afraid of changes.

This is like unprofessional to be honest. Like for real, that right there will probably get a lot of hate on your application.

However aside from that I would believe that you would make a great mod though.

+1

Reactions: DNC
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Vouch for oxysoft, he takes problems a very straight to the point approach. i believe he will allow the maplestory sections to prosper after he conducts his purging of the degenerate users! I have worked together with him on projects in the past and he is a very smart and has great work ethics! Good luck on ur application my friend!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
ya so what, i thought it would spice up the application

Also, it doesn't show you off in a good light, it makes it look like you just want to people banned,as a moderator you can't straight off ban people ( Other than 2 specific reasons) so you would end up being deranked. So as far, you don't seem like the moderator we need.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ya so what, i thought it would spice up the application

Also, it doesn't show you off in a good light, it makes it look like you just want to people banned,as a moderator you can't straight off ban people ( Other than 2 specific reasons) so you would end up being deranked. So as far, you don't seem like the moderator we need.

not only that its homophobic.

Being a moderator means you are setting an example.

you also cant just ban members. Giving infractions yes, but abuse of this system will have you so quick out the door you wont even remember being inside.

So although the comment was under good/light intentions, remember that people can take almost everything the wrong way.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not only that its homophobic.

Being a moderator means you are setting an example.

you also cant just ban members. Giving infractions yes, but abuse of this system will have you so quick out the door you wont even remember being inside.

So although the comment was under good/light intentions, remember that people can take almost everything the wrong way.

if you see "faggot" as homophobic, i'm not sure what to tell you. It barely holds any meaning nowadays beside being used as an insult

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you see "faggot" as homophobic, i'm not sure what to tell you. It barely holds any meaning nowadays beside being used as an insult
So you're happy to go around insulting everyone then?

Reactions: DNC
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You are all being trolled.

oxysoft and his crony Darter are well known for their troll posts, thinly disguised as serious topics.
They have both been banned multiple times for it. Seems like somebody never learns...
I was already worried about oxysoft's 8 pages full of infractions (and warnings).

Reaction score
[strike]
Ha best laugh of the year!
PS where is my dislike button ;0)

PSS
If you delete this thread, please send me a copy via PM for future smiles. ^.^
[/strike]

(Thought this was a joke thread, but apparently I was mistaken. Shoddy application = No Vote)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are all being trolled.

oxysoft and his crony Darter are well known for their troll posts, thinly disguised as serious topics.
They have both been banned multiple times for it. Seems like somebody never learns...

As soon as I saw you, the content of your post became irrelevant; It is true: You probably have not even read my application. You truly did, I don't understand why you'd be so disrespectful. I come here with good intents alright, the wish to make this section a better place for everyone and you attack me this way, passing it as "trolling". You didn't even care to explain how and why you would treat it as such. You just saw my name and said to yourself.

It is true that I make troll posts every once in a while but who doesn't like a quick laugh from time to time! It's not like it hurts anybody. If you look at the recent project me and my good friend Fraysa have unveiled today upon the MapleStory section, you will see that I can be very serious in the proper context.

I was already worried about oxysoft's 8 pages full of infractions (and warnings).

Many of these mean nothing. Mods seem to have something against me and they don't want to tell me what it is. It's crazy: I've had an experience a few days ago, I had some perfectly correct posts that contributed valuable information to the topic and they were deleted for being "off-topic". Only one post below of course, a more off-topic post remained and was completely ignored. I am unfortunately being framed for god knows why.

Last edited:
Reaction score
you will see that I can be very serious in the proper context.

Moderator applications are above else the place you Should be Serious...

End of discussion is...

You're applying for a Respectable position, yet treat it with stupidity and yes sir "trolling" or at the best "rude" context towards others. Bringing up faggots? Banning? Really? This is not a Serious application.
It is an utter Joke.

Zero Vouch and I don't care who you're friends with. Posting that crap as an application... I honestly hope you don't talk like that in public... ouch.

I hope someone will close this as the "non-Serious" application that it is, if for no other reason.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So you're happy to go around insulting everyone then?

Respect is earned, not a right. Some people will never earn it though and will only sink deeper and deeper. This is the kind of people we deal with in the MapleStory section. If each section is a town, you can compare it to the bronx. It's a poop hole, you know? It's full of people who astonish me whenever I see them because I wonder how natural selection still hasn't disposed of them. It may be an exaggeration to say that it is plagued with people like this, but the numbers are actually quite high still.

Sorry for the late reply! And thanks for trying to understand my point of view, unlike the other fools who do not think beyond the lines.

I could quote multiple posts from multiple threads in Account Support as proof of your true nature

I don't know man, I get dumb infractions for dumb stuff, I might as well make a dumb appeal. Makes sense ???

I honestly hope you don't talk like that in public... ouch.

no, I speak french, not english

I hope someone will close this as the "non-Serious" application that it is

I don't see how you could consider this a "non-Serious" application, perhaps if you omit the questionable part. I thought about leaving it out when I initially formulated this but I felt that I had to use the proper words to evoke the true conditions of the current state of the MapleStory section.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know man, I get dumb infractions for dumb stuff, I might as well make a dumb appeal. Makes sense ???

no, I speak french, not english

I don't see how you could consider this a "non-Serious" application, perhaps if you omit the questionable part. I thought about leaving it out when I initially formulated this but I felt that I had to use the proper words to evoke the true conditions of the current state of the MapleStory section.

Don't pretend you had honorable intentions by this application.
If <-- what a loosely used word here...
If, you honestly wished to be a Moderator...
1. Give "constructive" input on how to better the section (This does Not mean banning, calling people faggots, or saying that section members are a tarnish to the human race)...
2. You cannot be so stupid that you don't recognize the terrible way you've written this. Either correct it and apologize, or stop posting.
3. "I honestly hope you don't talk like that in public... ouch." Rhetorical question, your reply is useless.
4. IF this is considered a Serious application by you. You need to rethink the reasons you're here.
5. No question in my mind that you are disrespectful of the members that "might" vouch for you, based on your application.

Grow up and edit that mess, IF you're serious.

IF he edits his post, my 3 posts may be removed from this thread.
I'm not arguing here. But I refuse to accept the current state of this application as anything other than utter crap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even if you were joking (which you clearly stated above that you weren't) RaGEZONE can't afford people with a temper. People tell you something you don't like, you throw a temper tantrum infracting them for no reasons whatsoever, will only get you fired within a day. There was one moderator that barely survived a week, so I know what I'm talking about. You must be calm, mature, understanding to be a successful moderator. Although you show some traces of maturity, you are not understanding at all, nor calm since you kept defending yourself above to a subject that you believe it's "alright". If so you shouldn't defend yourself, but try again on a later date (like in a year ..) instead making people dislike you and remember you for a very long time which only means one thing for you, you will never be a moderator.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't pretend you had honorable intentions by this application.
If <-- what a loosely used word here...
If, you honestly wished to be a Moderator...
1. Give "constructive" input on how to better the section (This does Not mean banning, calling people faggots, or saying that section members are a tarnish to the human race)...
2. You cannot be so stupid that you don't recognize the terrible way you've written this. Either correct it and apologize, or stop posting.
3. "I honestly hope you don't talk like that in public... ouch." Rhetorical question, your reply is useless.
4. IF this is considered a Serious application by you. You need to rethink the reasons you're here.
5. No question in my mind that you are disrespectful of the members that "might" vouch for you, based on your application.

Grow up and edit that mess, IF you're serious.

IF he edits his post, my 3 posts may be removed from this thread.
I'm not arguing here. But I refuse to accept the current state of this application as anything other than utter crap.

This is my application and you will take it for what it is. I don't see how a different application would change anything quite frankly. I have stated my intentions and what I would like to see change in this section, and no amount of editing will change that. Please be realistic.

Even if you were joking (which you clearly stated above that you weren't) RaGEZONE can't afford people with a temper. People tell you something you don't like, you throw a temper tantrum infracting them for no reasons whatsoever, will only get you fired within a day.

Of course, that is an unacceptable behavior as a moderator. Moderators must adapt to different dynamics and adopt a neutral point of view on every situations. I don't even know what the forum rules are but I still believe I would be perfectly fit for this role. In fact, I have gotten so many infractions that I just know which posts are going to get me an infraction and which won't. As a moderator, I would only need to invert the process and let my will guide me. I think this is a very uniquely acquired feat.

you shouldn't defend yourself, but try again on a later date (like in a year ..) instead making people dislike you and remember you for a very long time which only means one thing for you, you will never be a moderator.

I applied because I had nothing to lose and I was curious to see what would result of it. I don't really care what the result is, I'll just go with the flow.

Going by the general logic, I could never be accepted even if I offered an application way above the standards because of the large amount of infractions and warnings that I have collected, no matter how long I were to wait.

I believe this is a very stuck up way of thinking because an infraction in itself doesn't reveal the true nature of a user. For all you know, a very trusted user could be accepted into the staff but would turn out to be a deceiver and cause some major damage. Words are nothing more than words, and this is especially true in an online forum where everyone can choose to be whoever they want.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow...just wow. I don't even care if I lose my position for telling the truth, but you sir are a douchebag. I would willing give up my staff position if you were given a position here with your attitude and your self entitled belief.

Just the fact that you are a regular member of RZ is a detriment to the rest of the community based on your track record. You say Mod's are usually against you, I never even heard your name prior to reading your app 5 minutes ago and I don't like you. Maybe it's not the mod's that are the problem here.....you seem to be the common denominator.

My vote is summed up in my previous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back