Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Shaiya Releases/Development

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi!

After some time on the forums, I thought let's give it a go and I'm ready to try something new and expand myself.

Name
Jamie Sharp

15 (Exact DoB can be given via PM if needed).

Email
jamie@jamiesharp.net

Section(s)
- Shaiya Releases
- Shaiya Development

The reasons I would like to apply for these two sections are that these sections aren't as active as they can be, and I believe I can try and get some activity going on in there frequently.

Contributions
http://forum.ragezone.com/f560/new-shaiya-sure-control-920524/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f560/shaiya-ep4-private-server-920319/

Some posts within the section(s) too.

Me as a person
I'm Jamie Sharp, a school-student in the United Kingdom (England to be precise). I live in a rural town near one of the biggest shipping ports in the world, Southampton. I go to school like any other, normal student where I live. I do the core 3 subjects at school (English, maths and Science) as well as I.T, Business and Communication studies, Drama and Computing. I have close friendships on and off the internet, which leads me in good stead for most happenings in life (Need help with coding etc etc). I think that I'm a mature, and reasonable guy - and easy to get along with.

Why should I be a Moderator
For the past few years, I've been interested in the gaming scene, that's how I came to RaGEZONE in the first place. I think that I have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial internal and external relationships. I enjoy being part of, as well as managing, a successful and productive team.

Although my age is young, I believe I am mature for my age and I can do the job what is required in that certain moment or time. I been interested in Shaiya for about 9 months, and been a frequent visitor to the Shaiya section as a whole. I've never really posted much, hence why my contributions for the section are low but I know most of what is needed to Moderate and manage the Shaiya section.

You may be asking 'why Shaiya Releases/Development?' - I think these are the areas I'm most skilled and most comfortable in. I can help within the help section; but I don't that is my main forte.

I also love working in a team as I said, as the positiveness are almost never ending. You gain interpersonal skills being a Moderator, as well as meeting new people and gaining new friendships each day, week or months - However it may be. Plus, being a Moderator at RaGEZONE would improve my confidence in the real world - knowing that I can do something well.

I hope you can consider me,
Thanks,
Jamie Sharp.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Known Jamie for a while and he's very mature and knows his stuff, I think he'd do an excellent moderator and wish him good luck and hope he gets picked.

Also worked with him before and he's always shown promise.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Sorry Jamie, I don't think you would fit the position. Seems like your trying to find an easy way into the Moderation Team. You also don't seem to have much knowledge around Shaiya, and no contributions at all. You seem to be based around the Habbo Section mainly, from checking your latest threads - latest posts, you have no posts or threads in the Shaiya section.

Just stating my opinion.

Good luck anyway.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry Jamie, I don't think you would fit the position. Seems like your trying to find an easy way into the Moderation Team. You also don't seem to have much knowledge around Shaiya, and no contributions at all. You seem to be based around the Habbo Section mainly, from checking your latest threads - latest posts, you have no posts or threads in the Shaiya section.

Just stating my opinion.

Good luck anyway.

I'm more of a lurker, as I stated in the main post, within that section. I know my way around and what-not, but I appreciate your opinion.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He was a nice guy at the start when I got to know Jamie. I could trust him, and allowed him to have access to my Virtual Server but one day because I didn't ask how he was feeling he decrypted my password in my database. He then gave out my password and my Facebook etc was hacked and even had money stolen from me via PayPal. Just a warning.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He was a nice guy at the start when I got to know Jamie. I could trust him, and allowed him to have access to my Virtual Server but one day because I didn't ask how he was feeling he decrypted my password in my database. He then gave out my password and my Facebook etc was hacked and even had money stolen from me via PayPal. Just a warning.
Thank-you for your reply. I would like to state here that this was how long ago? I'm sure it's over a year ago, yes, I was an immature little boy. But to clear this up, I didn't 'release' your password as such.

Thanks for your opinion.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I'm more of a lurker, as I stated in the main post, within that section. I know my way around and what-not, but I appreciate your opinion.

Why do you deserve the Moderator position? You said yourself, you only lurk. You need to prove your worthy of that position, instead of lurking.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why do you deserve the Moderator position? You said yourself, you only lurk. You need to prove your worthy of that position, instead of lurking.
I lurk with intention. I post where posts are needed - no point posting on a thread months old to 'contribute' to a section. I understand my post/thread count within that section is low, I appreciate your opinion none-the-less.

Reactions: Jax
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can really see Faith in jamie's article, all the ideas you think of improving..i guess jamie could add more, been knowing jamie for a while. Plus, seeing his development makes me wanna be like him. jamie can make this place a better place to be. Good luck Jamie Boy :)

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Known Jamie for a while and he's very mature and knows his stuff, I think he'd do an excellent moderator and wish him good luck and hope he gets picked.

Also worked with him before and he's always shown promise.

I can really see Faith in jamie's article, all the ideas you think of improving..i guess jamie could add more, been knowing jamie for a while. Plus, seeing his development makes me wanna be like him. jamie can make this place a better place to be. Good luck Jamie Boy :)

Thank-you for your kind words.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I vouch for Jamie, knowing he does have knowledge in that section and Jamie could spice it up, even though he does not post in their he has helped me with that section and I can promise you he can help that section ultimately. Like I said he has my vouch, and I wish you the best of luck.

D4n

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Vouch for Jamie.
Has a range of knowledge on Shaiya and I think he fits the position well.

Good luck.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I vouch!!!! :eek:tt1:
Good luck Jamie!!! :)<3

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Huge vouch for this man Jamie here, he's a respectable guy and well known. I'd be glad to see him as a moderator on the forums.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Huge vouch for this man Jamie here, he's a respectable guy and well known. I'd be glad to see him as a moderator on the forums.

I vouch!!!! :eek:tt1:
Good luck Jamie!!! :)<3

Vouch for Jamie.
Has a range of knowledge on Shaiya and I think he fits the position well.

Good luck.

I vouch for you Jamie!

I vouch for Jamie, knowing he does have knowledge in that section and Jamie could spice it up, even though he does not post in their he has helped me with that section and I can promise you he can help that section ultimately. Like I said he has my vouch, and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for all the vouches guys - much appreciated.

--

Edit: Added my contributions to the section(s)!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It honestly does seem to me that you're looking for an easy way into the moderation team. Both of your "contributions" were posted just yesterday, obviously a last bid effort to have some sort of contributions to list. One of which is an image (found on the first page of Google image search) displaying the controls of the game and another is a guide not even written by you. Upon further investigation, a majority of your posts are bumping release threads with comments such as "Good release", and most of these thread are well over a year old. You definitely do not deserve this position.

Back