Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Tantra Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi,

After some thought I have decided to post up a moderator application, I've never really done something like this before, so I'm hoping it turns out okay! I've had this on my mind for a while now. :blush:

Name
Harrison

Email
email@iharrison.info

Section
Tantra Online

The reason I am interested in this section is because I noticed that it had nobody moderating it, and it also has some potential activity. Although contributions aren't my greatest side for this, I would like to help manage the section and hopefully bring users to the section.

About Me
Hi, my name is Harrison and I am a young student from the UK. I enjoy developing from time to time, alongside gaming and music. I have played guitar in the past, which I'm hoping to get back into very soon. I enjoy the topic of private servers and MMOs, which is what attracted me to the forums in the first place, and I've been around ever since. I've picked up on a few things since then too!

Why should you hire me?
For the past few years I have gained experience for working at other forums, throughout that time I have made a few mistakes, however I have learnt from them which I believe is helped me a great deal. From this experience I have managed to learn how to handle situations under pressure whilst staying calm, and also have fun whilst doing it too. I try to make sure that my sections are nice and tidy, whilst also engaging with the users and contributing to keep the section active. From this experience, I have learnt how to use vBulletin inside and out, which would come in handy when moderating.

Whenever a situation arises, I always try and look into what has happened before I take action. I try to treat users the same, even if they are a close friend of mine. I also make sure I'm not too strict with moderating, encourage people to stick around the section, put forward interesting discussions and debates to keep people interested! :): If I ever bump into anything that I can't handle, I would try and bring it up with somebody higher in the ranks to make sure it's solved as soon as possible.

I also really enjoy working as a team which is something I enjoy about moderating, as it means meeting new people and also getting involved with the community more - especially when working with somebody on a section together. I've honestly never worked alongside a team of this size before, and to have that chance would be awesome.

Thank you for reading my application!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got to know Harrison quite well, and honestly, I think he'd make a perfect Moderator. Decent and honest guy and knows what he's on about - Vouch from me.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I've spoke to you quite a few times, you may not remember me. From what I've seen you're a nice guy, and your mature for your age. I'd like to see you as Moderator.

Reaction score
Hmm, where to start. First of all, I've new Harrison for years now - although he was young at the time, he had a good sense of humour and he knew how to treat people and he always did it fairly. Not once was he biased to me, or any other one of his friends or people. He values friendship a lot, and also puts his work before anything else, which can prove costly for him sometimes because he's in his final year at school but he still gets it done. As he said, he is lenient and knows how to treat users. His good attitude towards his work is astonishing, it helps greatly and is beneficial not only for him but also for his future section and previous sections.

Although young, he's got more experience than a lot of people and has been moderating forums for quite a while now over the years. Sometimes I must say, from seeing him moderate in different places previously he is a bit too kind with the warnings and infractions, but that won't be hard considering here we have a sort of 'hierarchy' system, moderators, supervisors and supermoderators which should/will keep him in line and keep him on track if he ends up in our team. I've been waiting to see this application for a while as I've seen him talking about making an app and taking this into consideration but never getting around to it - until now, obviously. I won't lie though, he wont make a perfect moderator because well, nobody and nothing is perfect! One thing that COULD possibly hold Harrison down is the fact that he is shy and can get pretty nervous. Through previous conversations with him in the past, it's clear he's nervous, shy and has said so before also. However, that's nothing I can't help him with although moderating isn't something you get nervous about, unless you've made a drastic duck up, which I know he wont make.

He's a great moderator already and I've seen that, and he's been even higher up and been a community manager for another forum which a lot of people will know already. If that's what he's like now, then just think about what he'll be like in the future, you know, when he's learned off me (the master jokes) and has gained a poop load of experience from his time working here, at a massive, prosperous forum which is one of the largest of its kind in the world it will benefit him a lot, adding another massively-experienced moderator to our team.

It'd be absolutely BRILLIANT to have Harrison on the team, giving him the chance to be a moderator will help Tantra greatly, and I cannot wait to see if he gets it or not. He definitely has my vouch.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I vouch for Harrison. He is very mature especially for a person of his age. Always a pleasure to talk to him. Overall he is the right guy for the job. As far as his moderating skills go, he is far than capable. Having gain more than enough experience on another forum he is able to handle any situation thrown at him and remain level headed.

Kudos.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I also vouch.
He's a very nice guy, and always happy to help.

Good luck with your application Harrison!

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vouch for Harrison. I've seem him moderate other forums professionally. He seems to be very active and a very nice guy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for the vouches, much appreciated! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pretty much, you have my vouch as always you are fit for a moderator you are very mature and know your stuff inside out.

Goodluck Harrison.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I took the liberty to use my hands for something other than.. To write this on Harrison's application.
Like someone said above, he is/was a community manager on another forum that most people know of, and he has done a very good job on there. I don't know Harrison personally but have played minecraft with him a few times and talked with him on the other forum we speak of and seen how mature, fair, and of course loyal he is to the staff members and website users because in his eye's it seems that though there are more important things in life than being a moderator on a forum, its a hobby of his and an activity he so clearly enjoys - he always puts 100 % into his activities. I say yes, a big well deserved yes.
Good luck with your application mate, I hope you succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back