Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Name
Josh

Contact Methods
Discord
: Josh#0246

Section(s) Applying For
Habbo Hotel - I've always been drawn to this (at times strange) pixelated world and it's where I naturally gravitate towards on RaGEZONE. However, I recognize the importance of being versatile and adaptable, especially as a potential moderator.

Therefore I would also apply for the off topic/general section (Project Ragezone).
If there's one thing I've learned from my experiences with Habbo fansites and other online communities, it's that adaptability and commitment are essential qualities for a moderator. I am more than willing to branch out and lend a helping hand wherever it's needed on the forum.

Introduction
Hey there, RaGEZONE! You might have seen my name here and there as the long-standing member who joined back in 2011. Admittedly, I've spent most of my time here lurking in the shadows, but I've been closely following the forum and checking it daily. I must say, the XenForo upgrade has completely transformed the user experience, and I'm finding myself enjoying the interactions more than ever before! This newfound enthusiasm has inspired me to step out of the shadows and actively contribute to the community I've grown to love.

The Drive to Contribute
What truly excites me about applying for the moderator position is the opportunity to make a difference in the RaGEZONE community. I have a deep-rooted passion for Habbo Hotel (which is how I found RZ all those years ago) and believe that my experience as an owner of multiple fansites, retros, and various online communities using forum software, will enable me to enrich the forum as a moderator. I want to join the incredible team that keeps this thriving community buzzing with excitement and camaraderie.

An Adventure in Moderation
My journey into the world of Habbo fansites and retros has taught me valuable lessons about forum management and moderation. I've explored the intricacies of both vBulletin and XenForo, honing my skills and gaining a comprehensive understanding of the tools and functionalities. This knowledge will be invaluable as a moderator, enabling me to maintain a vibrant and respectful atmosphere that reflects the spirit of RaGEZONE.

Admission of guilt
I'm well aware that some members might question my contributions to the community, especially given my history as more of a lurker. However, I'd like to address those concerns by highlighting my recent involvement in various Discord channels. While Discord is undoubtedly an excellent platform for communication and collaboration, I strongly believe that forums still have a vital role to play in 2023. Forums like RaGEZONE offer a unique sense of community, with organized discussions that foster long-lasting connections, and a wealth of knowledge that is easily accessible and archived.

Forums are fantastic for creating engaging and in-depth conversations, which can span over time and reach a wide audience. They enable users to share their expertise and learn from one another, building a strong sense of camaraderie that is hard to replicate on other platforms. I'm committed to embracing this spirit of collaboration and contributing more actively to the RaGEZONE forum in the future.

To demonstrate my recent involvement in community projects, I'd like to point out my contributions to the PlusEMU project on GitHub (https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/...uation-of-plus-emulator.1212769/#post-9172519). This experience has helped me develop valuable skills and knowledge that I'm eager to share with the RaGEZONE community. My plan is to continue contributing to projects like this and to bring the knowledge I gain back to the forums, ensuring that RaGEZONE remains a hub of expertise and collaboration in the ever-evolving world of online gaming.

A Personal Touch
I want you to know that I'm more than just a name on a screen. I'm someone who truly cares about the RaGEZONE community and is dedicated to its continued success. By stepping up as a moderator, I aim to foster a welcoming environment where users feel comfortable sharing their ideas, experiences, and expertise. I recognize that I may not have been the most active member in the past, but I'm eager to change that and make my mark as a vital part of the community.

Why You'll Love Having Me on the Team
I am not only passionate about the RaGEZONE community but also a dedicated team player. In my real-life experiences, I have collaborated with numerous professionals across different organizations, working seamlessly in multidisciplinary teams (MDT). This has given me the ability to adapt, communicate effectively, and forge strong connections with people from diverse backgrounds.

I believe that my commitment to the RaGEZONE community, combined with my extensive knowledge of Habbo Hotel and my experience with forum moderation, make me an ideal candidate for this position. My enthusiasm for the role is infectious, and I am confident that my energy and passion will inspire others to engage more actively in the forum. I am fair and unbiased, treating all users with respect and fostering a sense of unity within the community. I can assure you that my strong communication skills and ability to handle conflicts with tact and professionalism will make me a valuable asset to the team.

In Conclusion
Thank you for considering my application for the Habbo Hotel section moderator position. I am thrilled at the prospect of contributing to the RaGEZONE community in this capacity, and I believe that my unique blend of skills and experiences make me the perfect fit for the role. I look forward to the possibility of joining the team and working together to make the Habbo Hotel section a truly exceptional place for users to connect and share their experiences, particularly during this exciting time of transition to the XenForo platform.

I'd like to leave you with a light-hearted quote from former President Barack Obama that I think embodies my approach to this role: "There's no straight line to success, and sometimes when you're talking to friends who are trying to do the same things you're doing, you make a joke about it. There's no ladder - the climb is all there is." So, let's climb together and make the RaGEZONE community an even better place for everyone. And remember, "Yes, we can!"

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a generally a nicely structured application, let alone the activity rate of the individual themselves via the forums.

It’s had some thought and time put into it!

So overall the interaction, commitment and contributions are as equally fitting.

Good luck.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a generally a nicely structured application, let alone the activity rate of the individual themselves via the forums.

It’s had some thought and time put into it!

So overall the interaction, commitment and contributions are as equally fitting.

Good luck.
Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
like your application, you did a really good job writing it, I’m a nobody on here though but I just thought I’d chime in.
Thanks for the feedback James! I certainly wouldn’t say you’re a nobody if I recall correctly you were staff here once upon a time right?

Back