MSSQL & Linux

Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
24
Well lets say I only have the possibility to get a linux server. The game I will be running uses MSSQL.

Whats the best I could do? I guess all I could do is install the game on linux and connect it with an mssql database on a windows computer. But then I would have a slow connection problem.

If there is really no better way, are there any good and cheap windows vps servers that you could recommend me. The game server I am running is Flyff
 
Your only options are to either have 2 separate dedis/VPS's, one with Linux and the other with Windows, or run a Linux VM inside a Windows host on a single machine.
 
As he said, your only option is to set up another server, either a virtual os or hosted on your local network. Personally I'd wire up another computer and use it as a dedicated MSSQL server. Even a low-spec PC will probably work for whatever you're hosting without any slowdows, unless you have hundreds of players already (which I doubt).

If you do it locally just make sure you go wired, not wireless. You won't see any slowdown.
 
Hmm yea but I just heard its without UI. And vm would lead too ram loss. Do you have any good and cheap vps or dedi suggestions for me?
 
Back