Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

mu dev season18 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
data server files and other server files
loading time is very very long
how to fix?
i use mssql2012 korean version.
change english version, this can fix?

like this video

thx

Last edited:
Reaction score
how to fix?

like this video

thx

some say it cant be runned in VPS Servers thats the reason and only on personal pc, i tried both and i have the same issue, in vps all work except connectserver stuck loading, in personal pc nothing loads

Upvote 0
Reaction score
how to fix?

like this video

thx

mu devs use only MSSQL​

mu devs season18 use MSSQL Server​

some say it cant be runned in VPS Servers thats the reason and only on personal pc, i tried both and i have the same issue, in vps all work except connectserver stuck loading, in personal pc nothing loads
Season 18 part 1 and part 2 from MuDEV now can be run Under VMWare so not should be any problem to run them on any VPS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score

mu dev season18​

Do not use MSSQL server

mu dev season18 use MySQL Server for that you can use any MySQL Server​

I use UniServerZ for MuDEV Season 18 part 1 and you can use same for Season 18 p2.2

Season 18 part 1 and part 2 from MuDEV now can be run Under VMWare so not should be any problem to run them on any VPS
shadow66
we are talking about mudevs season 18 p 2-2 files not 'mu devseason 18 which is 'DevEMU'.

Nope, most people cannot run all executables on VPS, i did my research on that, unless there is a 'trick' which mudevs dont say to make the odbc work

Upvote 0
Reaction score
shadow66
we are talking about mudevs season 18 p 2-2 files not 'mu devseason 18 which is 'DevEMU'.

Nope, most people cannot run all executables on VPS, i did my research on that, unless there is a 'trick' which mudevs dont say to make the odbcwork

please read the title again, so looks like author of this post make mistake as i keep my answer to the title.

seunghun - mu dev season18 problem - RaGEZONE Forums

Also all MUDevs app can be run without any issue on VMware so not should have problem to run on any VPS (but will get if missing .NET 4.6 - (solution install .NET - not all Windows Server have preinstalled .NET at all)

So if Connect app wont start that mean for me one thing - wrong configuration (so in this case connect app cant connect with other app)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
please read the title again, so looks like author of this post make mistake as i keep my answer to the title.

Also all MUDevs app can be run without any issue on VMware so not should have problem to run on any VPS (but will get if missing .NET 4.6 - (solution install .NET - not all Windows Server have preinstalled .NET at all)

So if Connect app wont start that mean for me one thing - wrong configuration (so in this case connect app cant connect with other app)

Nope mate, that doesnt help, as u know personally im not new into mu server installations, so that means i know logically the necessary steps, net 4.5/4.6/visual c++/ sql server 2012/ odbc/ all that are already configured Perfectly, running executables simply is not compatible for everyone, or maybe u can make a quick tutorial of what magical thing u do and everything runs correctly, cuz everything you do, is what i did in VPS and in Windows 10 with sql 2012, manual odbc for sql server and sql server native tested also and its the same mudevs bs error, trust me its not just him and i who has this issue, its most of the ppl trying to use this files.

about the title: the title says mu dev season 18, not DevEMU season 18 :D i dont know why its his mistake, but anyways that doesnt matter anymore.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
first of all i do not use MSSQL 2012 for MUDevs instead of MSSQL 2012 I use MSSQL 2022

about BS its need make a small changes in the DB to resolve this issue or run a query to correct time.

as im unable to replicate this issue I can't help.

I can only give advice to check IP in all configs for the connect app (as i do not use any VPS) and i have a static IP I forward port to proper LAN IP + set as loopback and all works properly. Also i make test with my friends from around the world and all works ok they can login and enter to game and play.

as we have 3 IP
1) 127.0.0.1
2) 192.168.XXX.XXX that is obtain from DHCP
3) Static IP assign by ISP

so for connect app in file ConnectServer.txt set 192.168.XXX.XXX
in the ServerList Set static IP

and try run again.

In my case i run connect server without any other app and Connect is in Standby MODE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
shadow66
well maybe sql 2022 works and lower sql dont work, i have no time to test sql 2022 just for muonline files right now, i tried already 192.168.xxx.xxxx and 127.0.0.1 and global ip and odbc different ways, and all that small stuff, nothing works, so its either SQL must be high version or something more weird..

also why do loopback ? u dontneed loopback in order to RUN any mu application... its not about ports, its about odbc,local ip connection, or wait maybe MuDevs are bad coders? i dont know, i dont code files.. :D

Upvote 0
Reaction score
KarLi its not about run the app its about make possible connection for other user. i make some test.
I run server on my VMware(PC) then I run my old Laptop connect to internet by Wi-Fi (to do this I set hot-spot on my phone to use different network - to make sure that all is tested properly) then i run the client and till all forwarded port are in loopback i can login and enter to game, if i disable loopback on the forwarded port I even cant full start client.

So like you see as i do not have source code for that files i'm unable to do anything (and unpack them after Themida is not my strong side then decompile them take to much time) so best way was that solution in my case.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
KarLi its not about run the app its about make possible connection for other user. i make some test.
I run server on my VMware(PC) then I run my old Laptop connect to internet by Wi-Fi (to do this I set hot-spot on my phone to use different network - to make sure that all is tested properly) then i run the client and till all forwarded port are in loopback i can login and enter to game, if i disable loopback on the forwarded port I even cant full start client.

So like you see as i do not have source code for that files i'm unable to do anything (and unpack them after Themida is not my strong side then decompile them take to much time) so best way was that solution in my case.

so if you disable loopback = can't run connectserver.exe and others ?

i am not telling you to do anything, im telling you my experience with that problem, and im not alone, i dont program or anything either.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
so if you disable loopback = can't run connectserver.exe and others ?

i am not telling you to do anything, im telling you my experience with that problem, and im not alone, i dont program or anything either.
KarLi i say that for connect server is no matter that you set forwarded port in loopback or no it will run no matter is loopback or no.

loopback just give client a chance to connect. (in my case) any way Connect server will not start if some IP are mess.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
KarLi i say that for connect server is no matter that you set forwarded port in loopback or no it will run no matter is loopback or no.

loopback just give client a chance to connect. (in my case) any way Connect server will not start if some IP are mess.

So that proves that i am right, it works for you run connectserver and other apps, but for us not work, (EVEN IF WE USE CORRECT IP) i dont know why u dont wanna understand that, we use all right configs ips etc.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Any way if Connect server wont start or Data server don't start that mean missing ODBC settings.

And one more thing the guy who make this thread he using MUDevs server.

I make a test on my PC and all works just fine same on VMWare with pre installed Windows 10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Any way if Connect server wont start or Data server don't start that mean missing ODBC settings.

And one more thing the guy who make this thread he using MUDevs server.

I make a test on my PC and all works just fine same on VMWare with pre installed Windows 10
So you make a release of repack the s18 mudevs files and dont put video or any instructions of setup?
You wrote: 'Before you will start complain that some thing is wrong or not working etc ..' u can't mention that if you didnt gave any instructions of how to setup the files repack you released.

No offense, but we already talked privately and there was nothing else than the dhcp and firewall hint you mentioned, you instead asked me to download your client and test your server, assuming i didnt believe you, as i said, if you want to really be helpful, give exact step by step instructions or video of how you setup, all the rest is individually different for everyone because everyone has a different machine and network etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back