• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mu Philippines Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
Is this the final days for muonline philippines? or there is some kind of transfer of server they are doing? the information i get on this

Will this closure boost the number of gamers to private server specially gamers from Philippines?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Philippine users are on GMO now, they didn't transfer with their chars. Made new ones and GMO give them some lvls and other stuff :).

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Some went on gmo, some went on mu4kings, some went to other servers, some quit!

Also on the test ex700 client I've been working on there is an image with Mu Phillpinese, no ideea what's it doing there :D

Reaction score
all my money spent on that server gone to waste xD almost spent PHP10,000(on muren and titan server before, buying jewels on real money, game cards, etc2)

lesson learned: never play on official servers xD (my personal opinion). :love:

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
Where my reply here did go?.

Mu PHI is closing coz WEBZEN cheat their contract. UnLoyal etc etc. You can read the reply from MU PHI on their forum. You cant trusth WEBZEN company.

maybe because of offensive language thats why deleted... but what you are saying is true, i have read something on their forum saying about webzen not properly communicating to them.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Maybe they will come to my server once it opens ;)!

Always sad to see a server go though

Regards,
Ytys Vynsan

Reaction score
i have seen so many official servers that went down after that crappy contract ended.. some were able to migrate accounts to the main publisher of the game and some were unfortunate but offered to play their other games with some sort of benefits.. i dont like it.. i mean... come on we expect the worth of our money spent on the game...

on the case of Mobius MU online Philippines, not even a migration is offered to us.

demn.

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
i have seen so many official servers that went down after that crappy contract ended.. some were able to migrate accounts to the main publisher of the game and some were unfortunate but offered to play their other games with some sort of benefits.. i dont like it.. i mean... come on we expect the worth of our money spent on the game...

on the case of Mobius MU online Philippines, not even a migration is offered to us.

demn.

Because WEBZEN doesnt renew their contract MOBIOUS doesnt give their DATABASE.Is a userbase fight.

WEBZEN want to take over without PAY for the userbase and MOBIOUS who EARNED dont want to share them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Webzen power Nyhahahahahahaha

Reaction score
Because WEBZEN doesnt renew their contract MOBIOUS doesnt give their DATABASE.Is a userbase fight.

WEBZEN want to take over without PAY for the userbase and MOBIOUS who EARNED dont want to share them.

i see thanks for en lighting me..

also after searching to their forums, i stumble upon this statement on behalf of mobius regarding the planned migration yet they weren't able to do it cuz..:

Quote from: Asturias(one of the GMs in MU Philippines):

The Webzen statement on Facebook regarding Mobius' refusal to migrate users is untrue.

First When they refused to negotiate further, they sent an order to migrate users a few weeks later. They wanted users to be migrated two (2) weeks after the order for migration was sent. This even on a technical stand point was unreasonable. Mu has several databases and not just the one that contains the data of your items and characters. Plus there are three game server clusters. Another issue is user information tagging to the correct game account. Even if the character and item databases were migrated, you wouldn't be able to access it because it's not tagged to a user. So there was a need for a user-initiated integration similar to Rakion. The system for Rakion migration took two (2) months of work with Mobius and Softnyx going back and forth on the process to make the process seamless. MU is more complex.

Second, Webzen gave very vague instructions on migration which we could hardly understand because of the language it was written in and that it wasn't even a technical document. We did not know how they would want to migrate the data and there were several points in the instructions that needed clarification. We promptly sent a reply with our questions. We did not receive a single reply.

Third, the next communication did not even mention migration and just the shutdown of the game, and this is where we are now.

We were communicating in good faith and had full intention of migrating the MU users who comprise our most loyal players, and we were willing to cooperate with Webzen.

It is unfortunate that Webzen has seen fit not to work with Mobius in giving the MU Philippines users what they justly deserve, but Mobius is still working with our other partners in finding our MU Philippines users a better home.

to think that they have more database or whatsoever than that we have on public releases.. tsk tsk tsk.. no wonder why.. ALSO there must be some sort of staff that can translate those korean instructions to english cuz we cant read korean xD. how could they provide such instruction not written in english at all xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back