Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuOnline antihacks 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there, I've been away from muonline for qite a lot time. Visiting the forum again I noticed people still use the "lame IO sucking crap using dumps", antihacks.

I don't really get how you really get with that crap and still be happy.

Antihack should be simple as duck not specified for every each public or private hack/bot/cheat.

A couple of things should be enough.

1) Packet encryption to avoid packet hacks.
2) Virtuallization to avoid memory hacks.

Everything else is crap. I don't see the point playing the cat-mouse game with "hackers" looking for new cheats etc.

You make everything look like it's rocket science. CRC checks, molebox, or anything other crap to avoid the non-usage of your protection. WTF! seriously!

Debug, find network addresses, hook them, create a hooked function to intercept packets and that's it. Regarding virtuallization, google it. There are plenty of programs providing virtualization.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Checking client file hashes makes sense, since there are some client-side based cheats which are completely packet independent. But yeah, overall, you are completely right. I might write something that would additionally encrypt network traffic and prevent memory modification. I see this as following:

- c++ dll injected into main.exe hooking winsock functions (connect, recv, send) and encrypting them
- c# server side implementing proxy functions and decrypting data received/send from / to client. This would provide additional features for implementing packet-based customs.

Sadly, I don't have c# version of new packet encryption algo of mu online, so, have to rewrite c++ sources released...

If you got some good ideas for this, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Virtuallization to avoid memory hacks.

Hey, wait a moment.. That´s crap too ;) Virtuallization is not really necessary, if you know, that newest clients, have a lot of anti-virtualization checks, lot of crypt packets.. and the bigest and worst problem.. Keep in mind, muonline players dont have good computers.

You make everything look like it's rocket science. CRC checks, molebox, or anything other crap to avoid the non-usage of your protection. WTF! seriously!.
+1

Checking client file hashes makes sense, since there are some client-side based cheats which are completely packet independent. But yeah, overall, you are completely right. I might write something that would additionally encrypt network traffic and prevent memory modification. I see this as following:

- c++ dll injected into main.exe hooking winsock functions (connect, recv, send) and encrypting them
- c# server side implementing proxy functions and decrypting data received/send from / to client. This would provide additional features for implementing packet-based customs.

Sadly, I don't have c# version of new packet encryption algo of mu online, so, have to rewrite c++ sources released...

If you got some good ideas for this, feel free to PM me.

Check client files hashes? Really?. Belive me, webzen still checking hashes/crc of every file in client, and since muonline begun, anyone can bypass that checks.

Encrypt network traffic --> +1 Points
Prevent Memory Modification... ---> - 10 points.

Anything clientside antihack ,trying to protect him, could be bypassed.

Whats my point?
Simple. Prevent hacks, dupes and other bu**s*it directly from gameserver.

How?
Simple. Fully dinamic Speed Checks, preveting dupe with serial checks, cuz if you think that webzen formules really are working, you are totally wrong, cuz they, in 2015, still having speed bypass, dupe, features that any person with n*uts could enjoy.

The answers is really simple. Start to study how these cheats/hacks are working, and use inverse to fix it server side. But, that require a lot of time, good coding skills..

Cheers ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should hook winsock WINAPI on program level, not hooking the ws_32.dll. Find recv/send function addresses in client side hook them and write a hooked-function on it. Implement a encryption algorithm, it could be even AES256 with pkcs7 padding, there are plenty "plug and play" source codes, tip: create if rule to check for 55901*(GS PORT) to avoid hooking on ConnectServer also..

For server do the same but instead of recv/send, hook WSARecv/WSASend. GS uses simple recv/send only for communication with server-support executables(ds,cs,exdb,etc).

You don't need to make a "hackserver" at all like this, just change the offset address for each different gameserver version. or if you want to make it available for any gameserver log the addresses and make an configuration .ini file to change the addresses of the hooked function easy.

Have fun!

Reaction score
Hey there, I've been away from muonline for qite a lot time. Visiting the forum again I noticed people still use the "lame IO sucking crap using dumps", antihacks.

I don't really get how you really get with that crap and still be happy.

Antihack should be simple as duck not specified for every each public or private hack/bot/cheat.

A couple of things should be enough.

1) Packet encryption to avoid packet hacks.
2) Virtuallization to avoid memory hacks.

Everything else is crap. I don't see the point playing the cat-mouse game with "hackers" looking for new cheats etc.

You make everything look like it's rocket science. CRC checks, molebox, or anything other crap to avoid the non-usage of your protection. WTF! seriously!

Debug, find network addresses, hook them, create a hooked function to intercept packets and that's it. Regarding virtuallization, google it. There are plenty of programs providing virtualization.

Lol that's why i love UGK (Undergroundk) antihack =]
it doesn't block any programm, it catches in real time the suspicious potential cheating programms and doesn't allow them proceed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm developer of NSEngine Anti-Cheat Systems. My Anti-Cheat doesn't use any cheat database/dumpers/window scanners.
General function it is Heuristic Analysis like functions on AntiViruses.

Who want to know more about it - link is in profile signature.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Crap crap crap, and again crap.
It seems that everyone have ideas, and know how to make a good antihack, but non of you focus to see what the latest hacks look like, and how they work.
TGH, have been developing pretty advanced hacking tools, that have nothing to do with packets, or memory writing, they use hooks on windows api, or write into the game`s memory (using openprocess) and change whatever they want.
I will tell you whats is wrong, and what is right, and what do you actually need for a mu-online server (and it`s not enough):

1)Packet encryption to avoid packet hacks. - yes, that is correct, but not every kind of encryption works, or protects 100%, and i did not see anyone to encrypt the whole packet(s) yet (with headers) for everykind of server files (especialy IGCN), but i did. (LiveGuard encrypts the whole packet, making decryption impossible, and using a custom crypto system, wich is not Google, or anywhere else)
And speed is essential also, everything must go as fast as webzen`s XOR, because it will ruin your game (lagging, unexpected d/c etc).

2)Virtuallization to avoid memory hacks. - incorrect, that won`t work properly, not on every server files, and not on every OS, and not with some AV engines. You have to consider something that will actually work everywhere, on any OS, for everyone. (LiveGuard makes this possible)

3)Protecting files from alteration (hash) - indeed this is needed, and it can be bypassed, but not if you know how to check it. (LiveGuard makes files replacing impossible)

4) Packet rate limitation - beleive it or not, even though you encrypt packets, if i make a hook, and send for example a login packet back to your GameServer 50 times in 1 second, well you know what`s gonna happen. (LiveGuard prevents that)

5) Prevent deep WINDOWS HOOKING - well some of you know, some of you just never heard of it, but AV engines, have special lib`s wich hook into NTAPI and use functions like:
Code:
PhOpenProcess(
    _Out_ PHANDLE ProcessHandle,
    _In_ ACCESS_MASK DesiredAccess,
    _In_ HANDLE ProcessId
    );
PHLIBAPI
NTSTATUS
NTAPI
PhOpenThread(
    _Out_ PHANDLE ThreadHandle,
    _In_ ACCESS_MASK DesiredAccess,
    _In_ HANDLE ThreadId
    );
So what this means, hooking kernel32.dll function make no difference, because with these functions, they can intercept a process or any function they like before kernel32.dll even knows it.
This is what tools like Process Hacker use, so you can write into the game`s memory, use functions, do whatever you like. (LiveGuard prevents this)

6)Preventing running certain hack tools in Ring0 mode - well, some of you may never even heard of it, but hackers and some viruses run in ring0 mode, so making it impossible to detect/block/intercept.
About ring0 mode here:
And of course, LiveGuard prevents this.

7)Avoid hooking GameServer - this is crucial, because some server files are packed, some or not, but either way, i am 100% sure you will ruing something. A gameserver stands in many functions, and any kind of modification should be made by Source code, not addons and crap,
(LiveGuard uses the most advanced proxy system out there, without touching the gameserver, and as an added bonus, it provides Load Balancing with 1 or more backends).

8)Memory DUMP detection - well, you tell me i am writing a cheat program in ring0 or ring3 mode, and run it, how will you block it? is your AH system like NOD32 ? or KasperSky ? (i don`t think so).

NOTE: these are only a few stuff i can mention, because i don`t have time to make you a poem.

I'm developer of NSEngine Anti-Cheat Systems. My Anti-Cheat doesn't use any cheat database/dumpers/window scanners.
General function it is Heuristic Analysis like functions on AntiViruses.
Let me read that again, so do you even know what heuristic means? Or have you seen sources from AV engines to actually say that your code works like them? Well i did, and beleive me, you are far away my friend... Oh, and i forgot to mention, why did you copy my proxy structure system? You just appeard a few months later, after i released my first version, and a friend of mine, showed me your software, all i can say, shame on you my friend, you should come up with your own ideas, not looking at others and making a copy in c#.

Lol that's why i love UGK (Undergroundk) antihack =]
it doesn't block any programm, it catches in real time the suspicious potential cheating programms and doesn't allow them proceed.
Let me explain that for you, "real time" means that it uses threads, executed at a specific time, and threads can be suspended, remmeber ?

Well beleive it or not, i have friends that can make you rethink that, there is alwasy a way to hack/exploit something, and if you are good enough, then you will even enjoy it.

What`s my point? Use my AH system, because we had the time to study, code, and prevent cheating. There are 99 ways to cheat, and i really don`t have time to explain.
Don`t bother hooking, and searching offsets to touch your gameserver.
You need really good knowledge to prevent 100% cheating, you need to understand WINDOWS functions, you need to understand how the MU works.

What`s recommended?
-Make you AH fast, stable, and imune to exploits
-Your AH should not *touch* the gameserver at all
-Your AH should be able to detect speed alteration upon OS level
-Your AH should be able to detect hack programs packed with Themida or WinLicense
-Your AH should be able to detect rootkits (ring0 mode processes)
-Your... crap i don`t have time, just use LiveGuard.

Cheeers~

Reaction score
Let me explain that for you, "real time" means that it uses threads, executed at a specific time, and threads can be suspended, remmeber ?

No idea on that bro u have to talk with UGK to find out more about it, real time i mean it detects those unwanted programs mostly like bots/.exe's and packets and i dont know what even more, for me UGK is the realiest antihack server and client side, ofcourse i like yours aswell didnt had issues with it when i had it i just didnt use it much so understand that =)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Crap crap crap, and again crap.
It seems that everyone have ideas, and know how to make a good antihack, but non of you focus to see what the latest hacks look like, and how they work.
TGH, have been developing pretty advanced hacking tools, that have nothing to do with packets, or memory writing, they use hooks on windows api, or write into the game`s memory (using openprocess) and change whatever they want.
I will tell you whats is wrong, and what is right, and what do you actually need for a mu-online server (and it`s not enough):

1)Packet encryption to avoid packet hacks. - yes, that is correct, but not every kind of encryption works, or protects 100%, and i did not see anyone to encrypt the whole packet(s) yet (with headers) for everykind of server files (especialy IGCN), but i did. (LiveGuard encrypts the whole packet, making decryption impossible, and using a custom crypto system, wich is not Google, or anywhere else)
And speed is essential also, everything must go as fast as webzen`s XOR, because it will ruin your game (lagging, unexpected d/c etc).

2)Virtuallization to avoid memory hacks. - incorrect, that won`t work properly, not on every server files, and not on every OS, and not with some AV engines. You have to consider something that will actually work everywhere, on any OS, for everyone. (LiveGuard makes this possible)

3)Protecting files from alteration (hash) - indeed this is needed, and it can be bypassed, but not if you know how to check it. (LiveGuard makes files replacing impossible)

4) Packet rate limitation - beleive it or not, even though you encrypt packets, if i make a hook, and send for example a login packet back to your GameServer 50 times in 1 second, well you know what`s gonna happen. (LiveGuard prevents that)

5) Prevent deep WINDOWS HOOKING - well some of you know, some of you just never heard of it, but AV engines, have special lib`s wich hook into NTAPI and use functions like:

So what this means, hooking kernel32.dll function make no difference, because with these functions, they can intercept a process or any function they like before kernel32.dll even knows it.
This is what tools like Process Hacker use, so you can write into the game`s memory, use functions, do whatever you like. (LiveGuard prevents this)

6)Preventing running certain hack tools in Ring0 mode - well, some of you may never even heard of it, but hackers and some viruses run in ring0 mode, so making it impossible to detect/block/intercept.
About ring0 mode here:

7)Avoid hooking GameServer - this is crucial, because some server files are packed, some or not, but either way, i am 100% sure you will ruing something. A gameserver stands in many functions, and any kind of modification should be made by Source code, not addons and crap,
(LiveGuard uses the most advanced proxy system out there, without touching the gameserver, and as an added bonus, it provides Load Balancing with 1 or more backends).

8)Memory DUMP detection - well, you tell me i am writing a cheat program in ring0 or ring3 mode, and run it, how will you block it? is your AH system like NOD32 ? or KasperSky ? (i don`t think so).

NOTE: these are only a few stuff i can mention, because i don`t have time to make you a poem.

Let me read that again, so do you even know what heuristic means? Or have you seen sources from AV engines to actually say that your code works like them? Well i did, and beleive me, you are far away my friend... Oh, and i forgot to mention, why did you copy my proxy structure system? You just appeard a few months later, after i released my first version, and a friend of mine, showed me your software, all i can say, shame on you my friend, you should come up with your own ideas, not looking at others and making a copy in c#.

Well beleive it or not, i have friends that can make you rethink that, there is alwasy a way to hack/exploit something, and if you are good enough, then you will even enjoy it.

What`s my point? Use my AH system, because we had the time to study, code, and prevent cheating. There are 99 ways to cheat, and i really don`t have time to explain.
Don`t bother hooking, and searching offsets to touch your gameserver.
You need really good knowledge to prevent 100% cheating, you need to understand WINDOWS functions, you need to understand how the MU works.

What`s recommended?
-Make you AH fast, stable, and imune to exploits
-Your AH should not *touch* the gameserver at all
-Your AH should be able to detect speed alteration upon OS level
-Your AH should be able to detect hack programs packed with Themida or WinLicense
-Your AH should be able to detect rootkits (ring0 mode processes)
-Your... crap i don`t have time, just use LiveGuard.

Cheeers~

I think someone just kicked some asses xD Keep up ur good work i supported you from day 1 bro!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using your system and thanks God, because that helps me 99.9% on my server protection.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, and i forgot to mention, why did you copy my proxy structure system? You just appeard a few months later, after i released my first version, and a friend of mine, showed me your software, all i can say, shame on you my friend, you should come up with your own ideas, not looking at others and making a copy in c#.
My Anti-Cheat System exists since 2011 Year and proxy system exists on my Anti-Cheat System 4 years.

6)Preventing running certain hack tools in Ring0 mode
- well, some of you may never even heard of it, but hackers and some viruses run in ring0 mode, so making it impossible to detect/block/intercept.
About ring0 mode here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_ring
OMG. Your Anti-Cheat is RING3, in RING3 it impossible to prevent RING0. Do not lie.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
My Anti-Cheat System exists since 2011 Year and proxy system exists on my Anti-Cheat System 4 years.

A bit weird though, how can it be 4 years old, and not even now people don`t know about it? o_O

OMG. Your Anti-Cheat is RING3, in RING3 it impossible to prevent RING0. Do not lie.

Please read, and learn what i was talking about. Ring3 has nothing to do with detection nor Ring0.
It seems like a waste of time to try and explain... Good luck with your AH system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A bit weird though, how can it be 4 years old, and not even now people don`t know about it? o_O

People don't know about it because initially i was in the Russian market.

Please read, and learn what i was talking about. Ring3 has nothing to do with detection nor Ring0.

I has read what you was talking about it.

You can fool people who do not know about it, but you do not fool me - because I know how works your anticheat and I can say that it does not match with the description.

Good luck with your AH system.

Thanks.

Reaction score
People don't know about it because initially i was in the Russian market.

I has read what you was talking about it.

You can fool people who do not know about it, but you do not fool me - because I know how works your anticheat and I can say that it does not match with the description.

Thanks.

well can you make demo of your antihack or something so we can check it out too? we dont wanna believe a software blind or just by watching your video u know brat?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I tested both and I can say anticheat nsengine is better. I could cheat liveguard but never nsengine.

I did not say may AH system is 99% secure, and most of people did not update, thus using an outdated version.
But the latest version i am working on, i bet my hat that you can`t do anything, just wait for release.

I am fooling people? You should first learn how to write properly, and before you say i am fooling people, you should look at yourself.
I have customers that showed me when you where BEGGING to try your system, and you made hooks in zTeam dataserver to proove how smart you are, thus proving that you are NULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back