Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Myself and BitTorrent (Source/DNS and a reward)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What the heck is this? Can't the editor not read? I hacked nothing and exploited nothing.

Thats media for you... Changing stories to make it even more interesting.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Press aren't allowed to print false stories however. I've sent the article writer, Dylan Love, a wee tweet. I suggest others also contact him and let him know his story's wrong

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Press aren't allowed to print false stories however. I've sent the article writer, Dylan Love, a wee tweet. I suggest others also contact him and let him know his story's wrong

Contacted him aswell. Hope to hear from him soon.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous. Honestly half speechless as to how they managed to Hire such poopie staff.
In essence , you have basically done the job of some complete sod , so you should get his wage.

Reaction score
MentaL did they still pay you after this time?

No, nothing yet but they said they maybe able to avoid the whole 'invoicing' scenario. A lot of people seem to think I'm trying to 'extort' but what people are failing to realise is I notified them of the issue immediately, they in turn contacted me back about a reward as a "Thank you". They asking for my information and where to send and failed to follow up on it. When I was able to get a response that is when the $500 was mentioned which seemed a little low as I based it on what had happened around that time with Facebook and other payments issued for stuff only minor in comparison to my find.

If I come across as a self righteous idiot then so be it but the reward was offered to me AFTER i notified them and told them in rather great detail on how things where accessed and so on.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still have no reply from Mr Love as of yet, the stick!

I contacted him on everything.. If no answer by 4 am tomorrow, poop will go down.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MentaL, they just screwed you up.Btw i like the response from the users.You got many supporters!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i seen this on facebook.. this topic made my day :D excellent job!

Reaction score
Mental being too nice for his own good.

I'd be willing to bet money on this being worth thousands to certain companies and countries. He could have easily sold it to a shady group of chinese hackers, and probably made enough to buy a new house. 150 million monthly users is a lot of people to spy on. Hell some of the entertainment companies would probably pay a lot to essentially destroy one of the largest copyright infringement enablers out there (though I guess it would be a bit hypocritical for Dan to do that?).

Though I suppose doing that would likely mean he'd have to move country etc, and with a baby I doubt that would have been practical.

Anyway, those news sites damning him are quite frankly just showing white hats the thanks they get. Don't release info, get a joke of an amount from the company, and a poop load of bad press. Frankly the media and companies should be supporting, and promoting, this behaviour, because in the end it's OUR computers that are at risk when the hacker decides, duck it sell it to the bad guys. Frankly when a hacker gets a password database, it should be the company paying the hacker off, not the thousands of users who get their banking accounts raided.

I'm-a ruin you, punt!
Reaction score
Just read about this on TorrentFreak and as soon as I saw MentaL I had a feeling it was something to do with RaGEZONE and to my surprise it was. Good on you for doing the right thing and not being malicious with what you discovered hopefully they attempt to resolve this issue with you now and actually give you a decent reward. $500 seems a little insulting based on what you had access too.

Back