MySQL Can't connect to localhost

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
for some reason it seems that mysql server can't connect to my localhost. Whenever I try to start the launcher.bat I get an error, and also in mysql it says cannot connect to localhost.





Does anyone know what the problem could be here? Would be great if someone could help me here, I will give u my kik messenger so we can communicate, florio13.
 
The launcher.bat is because you didn't properly put local_policy and US_policy in the right places. Download the JCE files and follow a server set up tutorial and make sure you're using the latest version of java. As for the SQL problem it's probably because of your wamp. Make sure port 80 is running and something like skype isn't using it.
 
Upvote 0
The launcher.bat is because you didn't properly put local_policy and US_policy in the right places. Download the JCE files and follow a server set up tutorial and make sure you're using the latest version of java. As for the SQL problem it's probably because of your wamp. Make sure port 80 is running and something like skype isn't using it.

I put the files in the correct positions already, I double checked to make sure and it didn't make a difference. Also I left clicked wamp server and went apache>service>test port 80 and it says port 80 is being used by: Server: Apache/2.2.22

Also I get this error when I try to start MySQL Administrator, it still opens up but the error comes up first.
 
Upvote 0
Back