Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mysql permission

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

My DB is hosted locally along with the server and the CMS is hosted on cPanel hosting.

Just wondering how I add permissions for my CMS to connect to the DB?

This is the error code I get when I view the site...

Warning: mysql_connect() [ ]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ip of the VPS' (4) in /home/*****/public_html/cms/app/class.engine.php on line 48
MySQL Engine - RevCMS:

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT: I've added the permissions to PhpMyAdmin for the Ip of the do main what I obtained by pinging the domain. Still no luck.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense, please try and speak proper English.

Right, My database is being hosted on my VPS along with the EMU.

The CMS however is hosted on a cPanel. Now, the CMS is unable to connect to the database as I don't get how I add permission for it meaning it is able to connect.

That better? :S

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll tell you why..

Now, 100% of the Free Hosting website with CPANELs, DBs and other have their Databases Remote Connection Disabled...
Which means that only the Website you created can access the Database..
The solution is to look for a website host with Database Remote Connection Enabled (I guarantee that you won't find one for free) or to look for a Database host with also remote connection enabled (You won't find for free..)

That's all :closedeyes:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'll tell you why..

Now, 100% of the Free Hosting website with CPANELs, DBs and other have their Databases Remote Connection Disabled...
The solution is to look for a website host with Database Remote Connection Enabled (I guarantee that you won't find one for free) or to look for a Database host with also remote connection enabled (You won't find for free..)

It's a security risk to hosts with Remote MySQL, so yes as this guy has said, they block it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll tell you why..

I pay for my hosting...

Upvote 0
Back