• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Name functions with BMS IDA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good morning people

I'm using the BMS files on the way, but when I open a certain function, and give F5 I can see the code decompiled.

Lace up and that's fine. The bms files already come with the named functions, but the variables are not named, always appearing v1, v2 a1, a2 ... Do I need to name the variables even using the leaked BMS files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would anyone know if I have to rename the variables too?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah you have to rename the variables. They're usually used in other functions though, so you can look at the parameter names for those functions and name the variables accordingly.

Upvote 0
Back