Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Need help in PuTTY

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've read a lot of treads about this but I still can't figure it out.I'm following The video guide by Mahi.I had some problems with the "yum" procedure so I tried to edit my network to NAT (from Brigded) and now I can't connect via PuTTY/WinSCP (Can't figure out my CentOS IP).So here are my questions:

1.Do I need to have my CentOS IP static?
If yes then should it be 192.168.11.212?

2.How should I configure my primary DNS?
Does it have to be my local IP (192.168.11.211)?

3.What should I set for Gateway?
My local IP(192.168.11.211)?

webs7er - Need help in PuTTY - RaGEZONE Forums

Thx in advance

Please use the help subsection for help posts ;)

1. Not necessarily static but it will make your life easier in the long run. As for what it should be it depends on your network as not everyone will use the same address ranges as you, for example mine are on the 192.168.0.x subnet. Leave it set to DHCP and let it pick up it's own address, then set it to that address so it doesn't change.

2. This should be, well your primary DNS server. Your windows machine isn't a DNS server (unless it is, but you wouldn't be asking if you have a DNS server). Check the server assigned to you by your ISP either in your router config panels or your "ipconfig /all" on the windows machine if you use a modem. You could use opendns (free) too but dns support isn't needed at all for the server apart for things like yumming openssl which is also not needed. As long as you can ping centos and windows from each other then ignore openssl as it will work, you won't be surfing youtube on centos anyhow.

3. You can find this from "ipconfig" at the command prompt on your windows machine. It will either be an address your ISP assigned you if you use a modem or it will be your router address if you use a router.

I suggest leaving it bridged and ignoring that yum openss1 (lol) bit as it isn't needed. Whoever started that rumour should be made to answer _every_ post about it :/

Upvote 0
Edit: I think I sorted that out but still...when I use "yum install openssl097a db4" command nothing happens.I tried changing to NAT but then I can't connect via PuTTY. Ideas please

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My solution only if ..
*centos network is bridge mode

1. You are on router
*if you want to make online server (dynamic IP), u need hamachi

Windows IP

IP > 192.168.1.2
SM > 255.255.255.0
GW > 192.168.1.1

DNS1 > Depends on your network **
DNS2 > Depends on your network ***

Centos IP

IP > 192.168.1.3
SM > 255.255.255.0
GW > 192.168.1.1

2. Direct Connection (Datacenter)
*this IP setup straight away can be put into cabalserver config

Windows IP

IP > 161.80.70.137
SM > Depends on your network *
GW > 161.80.70.130

Centos IP

IP > 161.80.70.136
SM > Depends on your network *
GW > 161.80.70.130

Upvote 0
You need to add a DNS server to the network settings in centos or it can't resolve domain names to access the yum repository. Nothing happens because it is trying to find the repository IP via it's DNS nanme and it can't. DNS is not needed though, neither is yum nor openssl as i have said before so i don't know why you are still trying to get it working.

Put the server back how it was when you could connect to it and forget all about yum and openssl. You will get a working server quicker ;)

Upvote 0
Back