Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help running Tera 100.02 on a SteamDeck

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As the title suggests I am trying to run Tera on a steamdeck. The problem is - Tera client that I have (100.02) uses launcher ( ) that relies on old internet explorer and the steamdeck does not support that.
I know that Tera would run fine on the deck (seen ) but that was when Tera official was still up.

So the launcher on my steamdeck. Fields and buttons are not clickable or in any way interactable (can't even tab in). So I'm out of luck here.

Other methods I tried:
  1. Running client directly according to suggestion from @hsdn in another post. Did not work - probably method only works with 115 version of the client
  2. Downloading launchers from other Private servers. Did not work - most of them either use same launcher.
  3. Trying to install IE components on SteamDeck itself. Did not work, don't know why as I'm not very familiar wine and winetricks plugins.
Methods I still want to try:
  1. Menma's client launcher
  2. Dig deeper to understand winetricks

Maybe someone already has the solution? Or the launcher for 100.02 without IE dependencies...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use the latest novadrop to launch the client (100.02). Just use the "launcher" argument instead of "client":
.\novadrop-run.exe launcher [PATH_TO_Tl.exe] [USERNAME] [TICKET] [SERVERLIST_URL]

Be sure that Tl.exe exists in your client folder and you're good to go

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use the latest novadrop to launch the client (100.02). Just use the "launcher" argument instead of "client":
.\novadrop-run.exe launcher [PATH_TO_Tl.exe] [USERNAME] [TICKET] [SERVERLIST_URL]

Be sure that Tl.exe exists in your client folder and you're good to go
[PATH_TO_Tl.exe] I assume it's Tera launcher file?
[SERVERLIST_URL] This one is the reason why I tried 'client' instead of 'launcher'. I don't know what should be inside this file.
a quick search shows that it should be something like " " but accessing it locally does not display anything, so i tried my local server ip " " also empty...
Is this the file from server tera-api/public/patch ? named launcher_info?

Anyways, If everything will be correct won't it just launch tera launcher and not the game itself?
this is my argument line I managed to think off, tell me what looks odd:
.\novadrop-run.exe launcher Start.exe wanqwer a6910b7d-5770-45ed-bad3-0ddf3a56dd84
And it just opens tera launcher :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
[SERVERLIST_URL] This one is the reason why I tried 'client' instead of 'launcher'. I don't know what should be inside this file.
a quick search shows that it should be something like " " but accessing it locally does not display anything, so i tried my local server ip " " also empty...

Anyways, If everything will be correct won't it just launch tera launcher and not the game itself?

I assume you did it incorrectly because there's not any "Start.exe" file in the Client folder. so the argument must be...

novadrop-run.exe launcher Tl.exe [USERNAME] [TICKET]

Tl.exe must be alongside with the launcher, otherwise set the path accordingly (ex Binaries\Tl.exe)

You can try with

About the ServerList, remember to include the port as well if is used

wanqwer - Need help running Tera 100.02 on a SteamDeck - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TERA Foundation
Reaction score

Also note that when using the TERA API, you must specify Account ID from the TERA API as "USERNAME", not nickname or login. Like that:
Code:
novadrop-run.exe launcher Tl.exe [ACCOUNT_ID] [TICKET] http://SERVERIP/tera/ServerList?lang=en

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I assume you did it incorrectly because there's not any "Start.exe" file in the Client folder. so the argument must be...

novadrop-run.exe launcher Tl.exe [USERNAME] [TICKET]

Tl.exe must be alongside with the launcher, otherwise set the path accordingly (ex Binaries\Tl.exe)

You can try with

About the ServerList, remember to include the port as well if is used

wanqwer - Need help running Tera 100.02 on a SteamDeck - RaGEZONE Forums
Forgot to mention that I renamed my Launcher.exe to Start.exe, sorry for confusion. But now I think this TL.exe is not the same as Launcher.exe that came with my client. So I'm working with your TL.exe from now, thanks for that.

About the ServerList, I don't even know if I have one, could not find it so I created the one you attached in the photo (rewrote manually to ServerList.xml lol, and put it to "C:WebApp". Not sure if it is the right place, but I can acces it now via http:192.186.1.150/ServerList.xml?lang=en (192.186.1.150 is my server ip). I'm not sure if this was a good location for serverlist file as other post show its' location in "D:TERA_SERVER/tera-api/public"

Also note that when using the TERA API, you must specify Account ID from the TERA API as "USERNAME", not nickname or login. Like that:
Code:
novadrop-run.exe launcher Tl.exe [ACCOUNT_ID] [TICKET] http://SERVERIP/tera/ServerList?lang=en
I believe login is the same as username, but maybe you mean accountDBID which is numeric increment for accounts? In my case that would be "2". I also saw that one used by another person here

Another thing, If I use tera-api, where should i put serverlist file?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I renamed my Launcher.exe to Start.exe, sorry for confusion. But now I think this TL.exe is not the same as Launcher.exe that came with my client. So I'm working with your TL.exe from now, thanks for that.

About the ServerList, I don't even know if I have one, could not find it so I created the one you attached in the photo (rewrote manually to ServerList.xml lol, and put it to "C:WebApp". Not sure if it is the right place, but I can acces it now via http:192.186.1.150/ServerList.xml?lang=en (192.186.1.150 is my server ip). I'm not sure if this was a good location for serverlist file as other post show its' location in "D:TERA_SERVER/tera-api/public"

I believe login is the same as username, but maybe you mean accountDBID which is numeric increment for accounts? In my case that would be "2". I also saw that one used by another person here

Another thing, If I use tera-api, where should i put serverlist file?
There's no such ServerList.xml file, if you are using hsdn's api, so you just need to start the Api and that's all, then go to in any browser and you'll see the same output as me, that means the server list provided by the Api is working as intended.

Remember to fulfill the server_info table in the Api database.

If you still have trouble, check your server firewall.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's no such ServerList.xml file, if you are using hsdn's api, so you just need to start the Api and that's all, then go to in any browser and you'll see the same output as me, that means the server list provided by the Api is working as intended.

Remember to fulfill the server_info table in the Api database.

If you still have trouble, check your server firewall.
I am actually using tera-api from hsdn.
My server_info has server ip:
Firewall has ports 81 and 7801 open

displays:
displays:
Server is on And I can play

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I am actually using tera-api from hsdn.
My server_info has server ip:
Firewall has ports 81 and 7801 open

displays:
displays:
Server is on And I can play
Looks like you have something hosted in IIS using the default web port (80), anyways to make API works IIS is not needed because node build its own web server in your selected port (.env)

About that's your ServerList URI

Make sure you have API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT=81 set in API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT= from your .env

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like you have something hosted in IIS using the default web port (80), anyways to make API works IIS is not needed because node build its own web server in your selected port (.env)

About that's your ServerList URI

Make sure you have API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT=81 set in API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT= from your .env
API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT=81 in my env, so I guess thats correct. API_PORTAL_LISTEN_HOST is [unconfigured], can that be a culprit?

Upvote 0
Back