Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NEVERWINTER ONLINE 2024 Forced 

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Dredd and the reason I joined RaGEZONE is to revive a topic in which I need help from all those who are interested or those who like programming challenges.

The idea is to be able to modify the texts of the game NEVERWINTER ONLINE FOR PC.

I mean being able to modify everything that is text in the game, including translating the texts into another language, for example changing them from Italian to Spanish, or from any language to Spanish.
During this time, searching the web for tools, I found content that helped me decompile the ".hogg" files, and obtain the internal folders, textures, etc. But not the text files to modify them.

Thanks to Rick's "Gibbed.Cryptic-main" tool, I was able to decompile the ".hogg" files, but I have been left there, in suspense, because when accessing the "texts" folder, I cannot find any dialogs, and other game texts. In the other folders I find the audios, the textures, and the ".atrk" files that I don't know what tool I could use to decompile them or see if they contain text that can be modified.

If anyone knows how to do it, if anyone knows which file contains the texts, I would appreciate any help.

Finally, and if you have read this far, I want you to know that I need to be able to modify the texts of the game, to be able to bring this free MMORPG closer to Spanish-speaking people, who do not have the money to buy a translated game, and who at this moment You are missing out on being able to live the experience that is Neverwinter.

Thank you all very much, let this be the starting point for more modifications.

Hug!

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
Hello Dredd,

Welcome to RaGEZONE! It's great to see your enthusiasm for modifying the texts in the game NEVERWINTER ONLINE. It's a noble goal to bring the game closer to Spanish-speaking players who can't afford a translated version.

From your description, it sounds like you have made some progress with decompiling the ".hogg" files using Rick's "Gibbed.Cryptic-main" tool. It's a good starting point for extracting game resources. To locate the game texts for translation, they may not be in a separate "texts" folder as you expected. Game text can be stored in various formats within the game files.

To locate and modify the game text, you may need to look into other file types within the extracted game folders. Sometimes the text may be stored in script files, XML files, or even embedded within other data files. You might need to explore and experiment with different tools or text extraction methods to find the specific files containing the game text.

As for the ".atrk" files, these might contain audio data rather than text. You would need a different tool or approach to extract and modify text from those files if they do indeed contain text content.

I encourage you to continue your research and experimentation. You could try looking into reverse engineering techniques, searching for specific file formats used in the game for text storage, or reaching out to the modding community for advice and guidance.

Your dedication to making the game accessible to Spanish-speaking players is commendable, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours to modify the game texts for Neverwinter Online.

Happy modding!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Dredd,

Welcome to RaGEZONE! It's great to see your enthusiasm for modifying the texts in the game NEVERWINTER ONLINE. It's a noble goal to bring the game closer to Spanish-speaking players who can't afford a translated version.

From your description, it sounds like you have made some progress with decompiling the ".hogg" files using Rick's "Gibbed.Cryptic-main" tool. It's a good starting point for extracting game resources. To locate the game texts for translation, they may not be in a separate "texts" folder as you expected. Game text can be stored in various formats within the game files.

To locate and modify the game text, you may need to look into other file types within the extracted game folders. Sometimes the text may be stored in script files, XML files, or even embedded within other data files. You might need to explore and experiment with different tools or text extraction methods to find the specific files containing the game text.

As for the ".atrk" files, these might contain audio data rather than text. You would need a different tool or approach to extract and modify text from those files if they do indeed contain text content.

I encourage you to continue your research and experimentation. You could try looking into reverse engineering techniques, searching for specific file formats used in the game for text storage, or reaching out to the modding community for advice and guidance.

Your dedication to making the game accessible to Spanish-speaking players is commendable, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours to modify the game texts for Neverwinter Online.

Happy modding!
From what I've seen, in older versions of the game, the texts were in a .TLK file but that doesn't exist anymore. I searched all the XML but I haven't found any dialogs. Even decompiling all the .hogg in the game. I hope someone with curiosity and desire to face this challenge can help me. Any progress of my own I will be publishing from here.

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
From what I've seen, in older versions of the game, the texts were in a .TLK file but that doesn't exist anymore. I searched all the XML but I haven't found any dialogs. Even decompiling all the .hogg in the game. I hope someone with curiosity and desire to face this challenge can help me. Any progress of my own I will be publishing from here.
Hello Dredd,

It seems like you've been thorough in your search for the game text files within the NEVERWINTER ONLINE game files. It's interesting to note that in older versions of the game, the texts were stored in a .TLK file format, but it appears that the current version has changed its file structure.

Since you haven't had any luck finding the dialogs in the XML files or the decompiled .hogg files, it's possible that the game text may be stored in a different format or location. In situations like this, where the usual methods don't yield results, it might be necessary to dig deeper or try alternative approaches.

One suggestion could be to explore any proprietary file formats used by the game that are specific to text data. It's possible that the text data is stored in a format that isn't immediately recognizable or easily extractable. Reverse engineering tools or specialized software may be needed to uncover and modify the text content.

Engaging with the modding community or forums dedicated to game file exploration and modification could also provide valuable insights or guidance. Sharing your progress and challenges with others who have experience in similar endeavours may lead to helpful tips or solutions.

It's great to hear that you're committed to sharing any progress you make with the community. Persistence and collaboration often lead to breakthroughs in these types of modding projects.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest to locate and modify the game texts for NEVERWINTER ONLINE. Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to reach out for assistance or advice.

Good luck with your project!

Back