New Pc Check

Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
1,053
Reaction score
619
I am about to get my first new pc in about 5 years :closedeyes:
I just want to know for around £520 is it worth it and will it be capable of running most games in high quality with out frame rate issues.
Will mainly be used for my photoshop designs and gaming. No monitor but then again I have 24 inch hd monitor already so im not bothered about that.

CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.20 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L3 Cache & Turbo Core Technology


HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)


MEMORY: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3/1866mhz Dual Channel Memory [+16] (Kingston HyperX Beast w/Heat Spreader)


MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (780L) Chipset, Micro-ATX mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-II, 1 PCIe X16, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI


SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO


VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
 
Are you getting it in 5 years or did I mis-read that?

Because I once posted a thread like this and I inquired about some certain parts and I said I was buying it in the future, I was told to wait until then to buy parts as newer and better parts will become available.
 
Could you not look into getting a intel processor, only saying this as I'm not too familiar with AMD and how they compare to intel. I too am looking for a gaming PC and I have seen PC's a little cheaper than this with similar specs - however I do agree with @WarKeyGFX on building it yourself, you'll get a lot more for your money.
 
Nah for ~$900 that's pretty trashy.

My mate who has had absolutely no IT experience just performed a successful motherboard swap by himself using only my PC assembly guide http://forum.ragezone.com/f766/rishs-pc-assembly-guide-858329/ it's really not that hard as long as you just use common sense.

You should be able to build that yourself for £300-350 so for £520 you can get something so much better.
 
Back