New RaGEZONE Private Server

Yeah, rebuild the RZ server name brand - maybe if this pans out we start looking at the CSS thing, its a good game and it still attracts a large userbase.

The biggest thing is going to be stability in host. If you can only pull a 93% monthly uptime excluding intended maintenance, people go away.

Good hosting costs $. Good hosting that doesn't bomb when some skiddy points a botnet at it costs $$$$$. Considering that RZ has been being molested by such attacks, I'd expect the pservers would as well, so there's always that.
 
I'll call for you to decide what you wanna host if you're developing. If not, host whatever game you can find dedicated developers for.

No point hosting a game with little to no development due to the lack of interest. If you develop actively, you probably also play the game and understand what users want most + know about balancing the game.

For me, I don't mind any game.
 
Problem with a San Andreas:Multiplayer server is, the game costs and to avoid costs it involves warez which MentaL has said is a big no-no. As fun as it can be and as much as I'd love to have a GTA server that isn't run by a tool (remember Diseased?), maybe not what DTB is looking for.
 
I would love to see a SA:MP server as I've generally never really got into the game but I've always wanted to. Are the RZ servers really popular?
 
Doesn't have to be an MMO, doesn't have to be a constant world game. It needs to be fun, and it needs to attract enough players to make the cost of running the server seem worthwhile.

So far we've got:

  • Guild Wars - which if possible is a fair shout.
  • Counter-Strike: Source - sounds good, but in practice there is thousands of them out there.
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer. Again, been done to death and GTAIV is out there now with inbuilt stable multiplayer.
 
I would love to see a SA:MP server as I've generally never really got into the game but I've always wanted to. Are the RZ servers really popular?

They were really popular, but they're old, dead and buried now. Probably why this thread arose.

By looking at some screenshots of Guild Wars, I don't think I'll be playing. Not exactly into fantasy/medieval games. Maybe since GTA SA:MP is so common, GTAIV server?
 
Back