New section proposal

Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
6,400
Reaction score
131
From what I've experienced in the irc channel, we all love to game against each other, be it rts or some other genre. And while rz was down and everyone was in the irc channel it was a lot easier to organize matches.

But now the forum is up, I give the irc a day before it dies out. Which will lead to no games being organized anymore. Which is a shame really. So I thought, why not have a section that is dedicated to that purpose? It could be a subsection of gaming hotspot, and it won't need a lot of moderation if a good guideline is set on how to post. I think this could really work well if it's done right.

I added a poll, so everyone can express their opinion, do give arguments for your opinions please.
 
I believe I requested this some time ago, but Alfons had some pretty good points against it, However I'm sticking with you, it's a great idea and would make rz x10 fun.
 
Before the update, Canon was discussing this in Spamzilla and Alfons brought up a good point. I believe we should have a section for it, but Alfons stated that we can easily organise games over MSN or anything similar.
 
Not everyone has msn or wants to add people he barely knows. I totally agree with you Pie. IRC appears to be dead already, no one is spamming anymore. I had more fun with you guys in the past few days than I ever had.
 
Before the update, Canon was discussing this in Spamzilla and Alfons brought up a good point. I believe we should have a section for it, but Alfons stated that we can easily organise games over MSN or anything similar.

That's bullshit tbfh. Easily organize games over msn?
1. You have to have people who have the game in your contactlist (Awkward sentence lol)
2. You have to know of those people that they have the game.
3. The people in your contact list have to actually want to play the game.
4. Not everyone has msn. Or is on it all the time.

I've made my point.
 
No he's talking about a section for organising matches for any game, tbh tags would be a pain in the ass, but it's worth the effort if it results in a good old session.
 
Then what about organizing bigger things, like tournaments or big scale matches? Not everyone who'd want to participate might be online in the channel at the time of the tournament creation.

Added to that the fact that everyone will have forgotten the irc in 2 weeks, I know I will.
 
Back