• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private New UI in client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heya,

So I was browsing though some old topics (I like to do that every once in a while), and I found the following screenshot:

UrbekAD - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

and I was wondering if a new (perhaps more modern) ui for in the client would be something that would have potential. I personally would like to see something different and refreshing from time to time, but I would like your opinion on something like that (Not this design specifically). Maybe an idea for a new project?

Thanks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Giving it a complete overhaul, would loose its habbo-ish feeling. But yeah giving it some flair to make it really stand out from the usual would be good to see. I like the bottom part of the client. And only the top right side of it. Else is meh.

I have changed style via a swf editor. But that was only colors, width & height.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Giving it a complete overhaul, would loose its habbo-ish feeling. But yeah giving it some flair to make it really stand out from the usual would be good to see. I like the bottom part of the client. And only the top right side of it. Else is meh.

I have changed style via a swf editor. But that was only colors, width & height.

It is possible to give it a complete overhaul and still maintain the habbo feel by creating some sort of guideline for yourself.

OT: As far as I know, the SWF is rather expansive and can be customized to whatever you feel fits best. However, they is not an easy task and learning XML to a intermediate degree would be somewhat ideal and allow you to do what you want without changing the actual ActionScript code.

If this isn't up your alley then you can always result to using and experimenting with Websockets although there is a limitation on what you can do unless you know ActionScript (E.G Making certain CTA's open without the need for the actual button within the SWF).

Regardless whichever you want to do, you're going to need to know XML to a degree to achieve what you want to do.

OF: I have tried numerous times to get the community engaged in redesigning existing components of the Habbo alongside designing new concepts and ideas. But failed as no one seems to be interested compared to a few years ago. So I can only guess that the same boring, unprofessional Habbo themes and concepts will get pushed out.

Reaction score
I have tried numerous times to get the community engaged in redesigning existing components of the Habbo alongside designing new concepts and ideas. But failed as no one seems to be interested compared to a few years ago. So I can only guess that the same boring, unprofessional Habbo themes and concepts will get pushed out.

Well I always was interested with redesigning Habbo's UI.
Back in the days Sulake made a concept about a new UI. In my opinion this is better then the current one.

pgMW2 - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

XqGs3 - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

Wgx1o - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

t85VW - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Retired
Reaction score
Back in the days Sulake made a concept about a new UI. In my opinion this is better then the current one.

Man that is sexy :O

Attachments

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I love IlluminaCrypto. In 2012 i created the Concept in a REAL Habbo.swf using Rabdasm and Habbo UI Editor.
Here is a screenie of the 2.0.5 version (the last screen on the internet). The latest version was 2.2.1 (a lot more beauty from that).

This was a working Habbo.swf for Swift Emulator.

5BRyhZK - New UI in client? - RaGEZONE Forums

The differences between 2.0.5 and 2.2.1 was:
1. The left toolbar (Habbo Menu) was in the left-center.
2. The same menu was with correct bordering and margin.
3. the bottom bar (friend entry) was with a different green color and more beauty.
4. the credits toolbar was more simple, withou so many items, and with a different UI that i don't remember which is.

Attachments

Back