No-ip.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe in the Legacy
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
130
Reaction score
4
Can I use no-ip so ppl can can connect to my server ?
So far Ive changed ip in login server and ZoneAgent.

In the login server Ive change the ip with port 3450 (payasd).
In the ZoneAgent Ive changed ip with port 3300.

I select my server but then it says please try again later 30x
Have I changed the right ones or are there more ?

Ive also changed all ip in the A3client.exe to : xx.no-ip.org ( 5 - 6 ips )
Btw I cant connect anymore with lan ip thats why I use xx.no-ip.org to connect.

Best Regards eddy69
 
1) client doesnt resolve DNS. you MUST use IP address. If you want to use such services you must write a program to resolve the dns and patch the client on the fly. Visual Basic code would be around 10 lines. (beware about overwritting strings, since the space assigned for IP address are not extensive).

2) havent tried it on the server side, but I have the same suspicios for the client. In the worst case you will have to write a program to write *every* affected ini file BEFORE starting the servers. Such program would be similar to the first mentioned above. A more elegant solution would be to have an static ip address.

BTW: Some1 told me he has placed the wan ip in every ini file, I consider that wrong since only 2 ports are needed for a client to connect to the server: 3300 and 3550. If you have your server running on the internet and you want to check if you have open ports, you can use this site: and check the "Shields Up!" section.
 
Thx for the reply but, Ive no idea how write something like that and Ive not got a static ip :(

Looks like I can only use as lan server and thats boring. I wanted to bring it online and play with other ppl.

Thx for all the help Ive had in the forum :)

Maybe a good Idea to make a sticky saying that you need a static ip to run this server.
 
Last edited:
Thx for the reply but, Ive no idea how write something like that and Ive not got a static ip :(

Looks like I can only use as lan server and thats boring. I wanted to bring it online and play with other ppl.

Thx for all the help Ive had in the forum :)

Maybe a good Idea to make a sticky saying that you need a static ip to run this server.

If you have some knowledge of TCP/IP you can use an static ip address. There are 2 ways of doing that: 1) ask your ISP for a static ip address and 2) look for yourself for an unassinged ip in your ISP net and use that address. You need the comand ipconfig (ifconfig for linux), the ping command, a sheet of paper and a ballpen (if you have the connection attached directly to your computer, otherwise you must check your own ip at a web site).

I suggest to try item 1 first. Good luck.
 
Sorry for bumping the thread but, I got my server running, and as you know I had problems. But now all this work was for nothing because I cant get past the (STATIC IP ). Rudy you said to make a (certain programe) but I have no idea how to :(
Is there no way to get this server to run with no-ip or some thing like it ?
Is there a program like no-ip that instead of an address you get an ip.


Regards eddy69
 
Last edited:
okay then if you cant use an static ip, you must consider this: how often you get disconnected from the internet? once per month? once per week or per day? if you get disconnected once per month, you may consider to update the inis by hand each time you get disconnected.

and if/when you get tired of this, you might want some1 to write a program.

visual basic code would be like this:
Sub Form_Load()
winsock1.remotehost = "yourhost.no-ip.org"
winsock1.remoteport = 80
' dummy connection
winsock1.connect()

' add a delay of 3 or 5 secs using the time$
' this gives time to the dns server to find the requested ip

' now you have your ip addy
dim myip as string
myip = winsock1.remoteip

' ie:
msgbox myip
end sub

using the basic Open / Put / Close commands you can overwrite the inis.

that would solve the no-ip problem when you have to restart the server.

edit: a prelauncher must be written in this fashion to update the ips on the client side, but you must use binary mode in other to write the ips (use with care!)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back