Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PayPal] Verify Payment/Donation

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was coding and need in auto donation awarding came up.
Basically I need to verify if user actually donated/payed.
If yes then do something, if not then do something else.

Searched for some info on but nothing so far.
Would love te hear suggestion or solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Verify PayPal Payment/Donation

I use a phonesystem, it's easy to verify that:)

Vous Pas Reel
Loyal Member
Reaction score

theres a form like this that paypal makes, after they donate the money it forwards then to a page

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I probably wouldn't automate something like this, it really depends on what it is.
When you make a button, you can set the success url while making it.

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There are lots of classes out there taking care of the PayPal IPN. If possible, I'd recommend writing your own, since it's fairly easy. PayPal will notify a page on your server (with GET or POST variables). From there on, all you have to do is select the donation information out of a database table, compare it to the PayPal information and then give them the items where they donated for.

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score

This is what I did for a simple donation system, there are loads of IPN classes out there (pre-made), you can utilize those if you want and work from there (that's if you are comfortable with PHP), then to test your system out, simply register a PayPal Sandbox account which is basically a "Fake PayPal Account" for you to test the Instant Payment Notification system. PayPal will basically call the Notify URL upon success/failure of the payment.

Back